Self stick tile

BusManRG

I'd love to perk up the kitchen and bath with some tile accents, especially after I saw what some of you have done in your units. Rich says that rally we attended is costing him money in more ways than one! Anyway...are most of you using the vinyl self stick? I thought what I was seeing was real (light weight) tile but with a self stick back! It looked looked great! Some of what I'm seeing in Lowe's/Home Depot does not look as nice as what I had seen in Red Bluff. Maybe it looks better up than in the package? . There are a few that are real tile/stone, but now I'm concerned that they won't stay up while traveling. So my question really is, are you using vinyl tile and if you used real tile did you use anything other than the original sticky stuff on the back?

Sandy

VKTalley

I'd love to perk up the kitchen and bath with some tile accents, especially after I saw what some of you have done in your units. Rich says that rally we attended is costing him money in more ways than one! Anyway...are most of you using the vinyl self stick? I thought what I was seeing was real (light weight) tile but with a self stick back! It looked looked great! Some of what I'm seeing in Lowe's/Home Depot does not look as nice as what I had seen in Red Bluff. Maybe it looks better up than in the package? . There are a few that are real tile/stone, but now I'm concerned that they won't stay up while traveling. So my question really is, are you using vinyl tile and if you used real tile did you use anything other than the original sticky stuff on the back?

Sandy

Sandy, we have use the vinyl sticky back tiles in both our kitchen area and bathroom. I can't find any pictures right now of those two projects but they have held up just fine traveling cross country. I'll get my husband, MCTalley (Malcolm) to find some and post them for me. Rich is correct as rallies can get expensive and his To-Do list gets longer. :)

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We did self stick tiles that we purchased at Lowes in our bathroom and kitchen. It turned out great and they have been up for more than 2 years now.

Rod

We did our kitchen with a DIY Kit from Lowes.
Everything was included in the box.
The cost 4 years ago was right around $150.00.
This Kit was from the Do It Yourself TV Network.
Go to their website and it will give you a step by step on how to do it.
Lowes no longer sells these kits.
What you are looking for is a Recycled Glass Peel & Stick Kitchen Backsplash Kit.
These tiles are really light weight.
Ours were 12" x 12" tiles.
If you have to cut a radius in the tile, make a cardboard template & lay that on tile & mark tile for cut.
They do make a tool for cutting the glass tile, or use a glass cutter.
Peel off back, stick to wall & grout.
The grout is an epoxy grout, be sure to follow instructions to the T or you will have a real headache trying to get the grout wiped off.
I know, I didn't follow their instructions and it cost me an extra 2 hrs cleanup time.
I didn't realize it was an epoxy grout.
There are lots of different tiles available on line, just pick what you like.
Real nice upgrade to the kitchen.
Good Luck.

Hockster

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
X3 on Lowes
Here's ours Bath and kitchen
2e8dcdbc87c812adbab91cc708843ceb.jpg

6817b98c63906f994d0454092830210b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

richheck

Seasoned Member
49c48c0111b57c01170f28fb9080d974.jpg
55320fb7890cc4e2a3ce0314a0c5246e.jpg

Here what we did behind the stove and desk area, first picture with lights on, second with lights off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doluke

We just finished doing our kitchen back splash behind stove and at same cabinet in kitchen. We love it. Quick question. Where do you turn on the two small lights under the microwave above the stove? I know about the light switch on the microwave but can not find one for those two darn little ones. Thanks to anyone that can help.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Mine is just to the left of the left light (looking at the microwave)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro