HELP -Norcold not cooling

netw8

About to leave (planning on leaving today) on 2 month trip and Norcold will not cool in either LP or AC mode. I left it on for several hours yesterday. There are no fault codes displayed and LP burner flame looks normal. Any troubleshooting ideas are really appreciated. This is a model 1210IM and serial number does not appear on recall list. This unit is in a 2013 BH 3010. Thanks in advance!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It kinda sounds like you didn't leave it run long enough for it to cool properly.
I turn our refrigerator on at least 24 hours prior to using it.
How long did you leave it run?

Peace
Dave

netw8

It kinda sounds like you didn't leave it run long enough for it to cool properly.
I turn our refrigerator on at least 24 hours prior to using it.
How long did you leave it run?

Peace
Dave

Dave, Thanks for your response. I left it on for 3 hours, with no temperature change. In the past, it has shown some signs of cooling within that time. But I'm willing to try anything so I'll go to the storage area and leave it on the rest of the day. I was leary of leaving it run all night last night on LP with having possible issues.

Lou_and_Bette

I'll go to the storage area and leave it on the rest of the day. I was leary of leaving it run all night last night on LP with having possible issues.

If the rig is in storage, did you turn off the 12v master switch and if not, are the batteries changed? Even though you are running the fridge on propane, you still need 12v going to control board.

mlpeloquin

Another problem to check for that is not the fridge won't get cold, but the freezer will, is the 12V power. If the converter is damaged, it can appear normal, but the fridge temperature will be 50F or above and the freezer will be frozen. If the 12V measures 16.79V, the converter is toast. Your LED lights will appear normal, the fridge will not have an error code, but you just will not think of measuring the 12V.

Progressive Industries will tell you that the damage to the converter is do to water. Even though the service bay is bone dry and there isn't any sign of water being present on the dry plywood. Don't ask me how I know, but I now have one new converter and a spare rebuilt one. I will be installing a voltage and current monitor on the output of the converter in six or seven week after our next four week trip.

gasman

Camp Socializer
If, after 24 hours, it still is not cooling, there is a wire connector near the interior light. Unplug this connector. That puts it into manual mode forcing it to run on high. If it gets cold then the cooling unit is okay. If not, the cooling unit needs to be replaced.

netw8

If, after 24 hours, it still is not cooling, there is a wire connector near the interior light. Unplug this connector. That puts it into manual mode forcing it to run on high. If it gets cold then the cooling unit is okay. If not, the cooling unit needs to be replaced.

No change in cooling in over 24 hours. I just unplugged the modular connector by the interior light so we'll see in the morning. Thanks for following up.

avvidclif

Mine decided it didn't want to cool, about the same as you are seeing. I tried leaving it off and that didn't help. I bought a dorm fridge to get by and converted the Nevercold to a $3k pantry. Took a weekend trip like that. Evidently something was stopped up that got shook loose with the trip and it not being on??? Hasn't quit again in abt 10 months. Knock on wood.