Mounting TV in Pioneer BH250

Chrisg2

Does anyone have pictures or advice on Mounting the TV by the rear bunkhouse outlet? There are no studs anywhere except right next to the upper cabinets. I would like to have the TV swing around from the dining area to around facing the bunks when the kids are laying in bed or visa versa hang the TV mount in the bunkhouse area and swing around wall to view from dining area. This is entirely possible if there was a student near the edge of wall that separates the two areas. Could I mount a piece of plywood to a on the wall and the mount to it?

Thank you!

jimtoo

Hi Chrisg2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some good information for you soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Power247

Does anyone have pictures or advice on Mounting the TV by the rear bunkhouse outlet? There are no studs anywhere except right next to the upper cabinets. I would like to have the TV swing around from the dining area to around facing the bunks when the kids are laying in bed or visa versa hang the TV mount in the bunkhouse area and swing around wall to view from dining area. This is entirely possible if there was a student near the edge of wall that separates the two areas. Could I mount a piece of plywood to a on the wall and the mount to it?

Thank you!
Hi Chris! Using 3/4 plywood as a mounting base is a great solution. I actually did this in our house when mounting the TV over the fireplace.

You just want to hit at least 2 studs (one near each end of the plywood it at all possible) and using plywood that extends above and below your mount by at least 2-3 inches. Also, use as many screws as possible when attaching the base to the plywood to help distribute the weight to as much of the plywood as possible. If you could post a picture of the area you are trying to use with some tape marking where your studs are located that would help a bunch.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310