Prospective RW owner

WyoCyclone

As you can see by my name I was pretty sure I was going to be a Cyclone owner and then at the witching hour I showed my wife a RW 425. Needless to say we've started the paperwork on a new 2017 RW 425. So all you 425 owners chime in a things you like or don't like. Would love to hear your opinions. I was a little concerned about the difference between the RW and Cyclone but it appears as though they are very similar.

We will be buying sight unseen but will be meeting a rep from the dealership part way to finish the transaction. They will do a full PDI and video it for me and send the DVD with the trailer. I will also ask to see the corrections sheet as well. Any other advice on purchasing from a dealer and having it shipped would be appreciated.

Hope me to be an RW owner soon!!

moderator- my apologies, I realized I posted this in the wrong section.

danemayer

Hi WyoCyclone,

Congratulations on the new Road Warrior.

I'd suggest 2 things:

First, make sure you know who's going to do your warranty service. To get service from the selling dealer, who is required to service your rig, you are obligated to take the rig to the dealer. If a local Heartland dealer is willing to provide warranty service, you're all set. But if they didn't sell the unit, they are free to decline, or can give you low priority. You may want to look for an independent, or non-Heartland dealer who is willing to do your warranty work, but you'll need prior approval from Heartland to use them. The good news is that Heartland is usually pretty flexible in granting approval.

Second, if you're in Wyoming, be sure to study up on winterizing. If your unit has a Residential Refrigerator, take a look at our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide. And of course there's also a Winterization Guide along with a number of other user guides you may find handy. You can get to them by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides.

Oregon_Camper

Congrats on the pending RV...:)

If I might suggest....do whatever you need to do in order to go all the way to the dealer to make the purchase. The delivery person won't be able to fix anything you find once you get inside.

I know this might be a hard, but it will be WELL worth it.

You need to do your own PDI....never ever..never ever...allow the dealer to do this for you. A proper PDI will take you 4-5 hours. You can download mine in my signature below or search the internet for one.

Trust me..you will find problems. With the remote dealer having already cashed your check...you will fall to the back of the line at your local dealer for repairs. We are coming into peak camping season and I'm guessing that wait will be a LONG time.

WyoCyclone

Thanks so much for the replies all. I did see your PDI sheet OregonCamper from a different post, so thanks. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to make the trip as it's in OH and being an elementary principal, this time of year is crazy and I'd hate to be out of the building. I have contacted a local dealer about warranty work and they have agreed to do the work. I'm sure I'll be to the back of the line but no one in the area has what we're looking for. Not only that, I'm pretty handy around these things so I figure I can fix things on my own if i get that desperate.

Oregon_Camper

Perhaps you can fly there on a weekend to inspect the RV?

I can't stress enough the value of doing the inspection yourself.

I understand the hectic schedule, my wife is a Kindergarten teacher.

WyoCyclone

There is that possibility, however, my funds may be a bit tight but I will consider it. I saw somewhere on here where someone requested the PDI sheet after it had been completed, and he had a name for the document and I can't seem to find it. The owner found there was a water leak and he wouldn't have know unless he saw this particular document from the tech who did the PDI. Any idea what that might be?

WyoCyclone

I think this is the one you are talking about, it mentions work order

Congrats on the RW, I was wondering what you were up to with that 3800

Important Recommendations for New Purchase

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...wners.org/showthread.php?t=65558&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one!! Thanks so much. Yeah, we decided after much hemming and hawing to not go with it. It was in great shape but this seems like a much better deal...and we're getting new for the same price.

- - - Updated - - -

Another toy hauler addition. It's a good day! :cool:

Welcome to the family.

Thanks much!! It is a good day!!!

pjones1969

That's the one!! Thanks so much. Yeah, we decided after much hemming and hawing to not go with it. It was in great shape but this seems like a much better deal...and we're getting new for the same price.

That RW425 is a very nice layout, haven't seen one in person but I looked at it online a lot. Hope it all works out for you and keep us posted.

WyoCyclone

WyoCycloneRW,

Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's progressing quite nicely. The dealership is quite good and I'm very impressed with their communication and attention to detail. One of the owners phoned me and let me know of a few things that they were fixing, again I was super impressed that he took the time to call as it is a large dealership, family owned for decades. There was some discoloration on the side of the unit he said if you were standing near it you wouldn't have seen it but it buffed out and all is well. One of the rams on the front landing gear was slightly bent and they were replacing that as well along with a deep clean of the unit. We're hoping everything will be done by Monday of next week and we'll meet a rep from the dealer to pick it the following Friday. I will be able to go through it thoroughly with the rep there and if anything pops up we'll make a plan to deal with it before I take full ownership.

WyoCyclone

Well, the trailer was delivered yesterday to us with the help of uShip and a great guy named Bill. Bill is a full time RVer and owns a Heartland Big Country, I think he said, so the trailer was in great hands. He even did an inspection of the trailer before they left and had them clean it up prior to him getting on the road. He then washed it for me prior to delivery.

R-Dub (we have affectionately named her) is awesome, and considering we had never stepped foot in this floor plan, we couldn't be more pleased. Great lay out for us and the quality is definitely there. I will be looking over the DVD they provided tonight but I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks to all who have helped thus far. I'll post some pics tonight.

WyoCyclone

Very nice!! :cool:

The rear awning has two supports that side out horizontally, twist, and secure to the ramp door frame half way down the frame. I found that out recently from a Cyclone owner at TMS NASCAR race.

Nice, great to know, why I love these forums!! We are really loving this trailer the more we get to know it. Haven't been one thing that we wished was different...so far.