Tubular cam locks

EMCCME

I've noticed that my key to the cargo doors must be universal. It actually opens my friends cargo doors on his trailer. I would like my accessories to be a little more safe.
Has anyone replaced the standard cam locks on their cargo doors with tubular cam locks?

Thank you,

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I replaced mine a while back with tubular locks from MrLock.com. To order them, measure the length of the barrel on the current locks. The standard OEM RV locks all seem to be the same CH751 key. They can be a bit pricey, though.

Bogie

I don't want to hijack this thread, but has anyone found a slam latch lock with a barrel key?

olcoon

Doesn't make any difference what it is car, truck, camper or whatever, they only make "X" amount of different lock/key sets. So for example, on an auto assembly line every 100 vehicles will have the same key. It would be almost impossible to have every auto have a different lock, there are just so many combinations for the tumblers. At least on 5th wheels every lock I've seen for the front basement has a "721" key.