Waxing the Road Warrior. Advise needed.

TxRoadWarrior362

I've been researching protectants, and decided to take a time out and ask for advise.

I want to apply the correct product the first time, and have a repeatable process for future applications.

After 2.5 hours on the Internet I'm more unsure than before I started looking. One product for front cap, but not decals on front cap? Different product for sides and rear, but not on decals?

Time out! I need to gather the troops for advise.

Thanks in advance.
Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 71

alwaysbusy

Tx,
I hope all is well. I've heard a lot of good things about Rejex but have never personally tried it; I do want to though. Someone here may be able to put their 2 cents in with using it.

Lynn1130

If you do a search here of "Rejex" you will find a number of threads, including some that are very recent that will help you.

jnbhobe

I use Mcquires Flagship boat wax put it on with a buffer and foam pad, take it off by hand.

TxRoadWarrior362

Thanks for the responses. I was looking at Rejex and then people said 303 on the decals.

I'm going to pull the trigger and wash with Dawn and apply Rejex. I'll post some comments after I get the RW back from warranty work. Hope to work all next weekend on cleaning the exterior.

Thanks again Jnb, Lynn, and Always!

Always- all will be better when the RW gets new front belly coroplast and generator working like it should.

alwaysbusy

Always- all will be better when the RW gets new front belly coroplast and generator working like it should.

I feel for you my friend. Unfortunately, I know how you feel. I'm still dealing with some small issues of my own. On a side note. Washed and waxed mine two weeks ago. Took me 5.5 hours to wash it and really detail it. It then took me 6 hours to hand wax it. Get yourself some water pal, you gonna need it. I used Mcquires again but do want to switch over to Rejex.

NHCelt

I have used nu-finish on every fifth wheel we have owned. I have tried other products, including rejex, and keep coming back to nu finish...decals, sides, front and rear caps. Every rig has looked new when we sold or traded. Use 303 on other plastics and tires...including AC shrouds and roof vents.

We put on lots of miles and spend considerable time in the sun, so I do the end caps twice a year. Sides get once a year.

It protects well, looks good and is easy to apply and fairly priced.....put it on in sun or shade and wipe off.

Whatever you use, it's a big job but well worth it in terms of protection to the finish and decals.