ATF: ElkRidge - Haier Frig Size Problem

Randy3911

I have a Haier 15 cu ft. residential frig in my 2017 Elkridge 30rlt. It seems to be too large for the opening. The front leveling feet "hang off" the platform and the freezer door hits the drawer pull on the island drawer, and it dented the freezer door. I had to put a spacer under the leveling pads to get it high enough to level the frig. And the frig is pushed back as far as possible. This can't be right. Did I get the wrong frig, or is all other Elkridge RV's having the same problem?

danemayer

Hi Randy3911,

Any chance there's something behind the fridge keeping it from going back any further?

If you have a measuring tape handy, you might be able to slide it in next to the fridge to see whether there's any more space.

Randy3911

I already did that. Frig is 1" away from wall. Install sheet says 2" is needed, so that's not it. I think Heartland decided to change brands and somebody didn't look at size and fit of Haier model or size of opening. . . . . there still needs to be a fix for the problem. That little "shelf" in front is not designed to have the front of the frig rest on it. Trim piece in the front is already starting to separate. The RV is only about one month old.

danemayer

Let me suggest you measure the depth of the opening. Also measure the depth of the refrigerator. See if the measurement of the fridge agrees with the specs in the installation instructions/user manual.

Then with measurements in hand, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Explain the lack of support at the front, and the problem with the door. I'd guess there could also be some question as to whether the fridge will stay in place during travel.

The first question for the rep is whether this is the refrigerator that Heartland shipped with the unit. It's not unknown for things to get changed at the dealership. If it was shipped by Heartland, you can discuss how to go forward. Getting a refrigerator that fits might be the simplest answer. But see what they say.