Power pressure cooker xl

Mattman

Any one purchase one? Looks like it could make some fast tasty meals when camping, and around the house. Looks easy to clean up to. I have discussed crock pots on here, which I like as well. But requires a little more time planning. Sometimes we go where the wind takes us when out camping. So hard to nail down a dinner time.
Just curious. Thanks

farside291

I have two of the 8 quart versions. We love it, great for stews, beans, soups, ribs ect. But, the inner pot will start to peal with time. Now don't get me wrong it is made well and works as advertised, I just use it a lot, 2 or 3 times a week. I just made beef stroganogh (beef with noodles and mushrooms), delicious and only took 30 minutes using chuck. If I get another electric pressure cooker it will be this one
https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-...27112&sr=8-1&keywords=instant+pot+duo+60&th=1

I have been pressure cooking on a induction cooktop for years, now I hardly use anything but my Power Pressure cooker XL, bought the 8 quart model from Sams for $79.00

windviewer

we have the 5 quart version. use it for lots of things, and baby back ribs are great done this way.

doubt we will take it traveling as i prefer wood cooked food when out of the house.

amazon deals are what you have to watch for...

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Love my Pressure Cooker XL. Hubby cooked beans the other night though, didn't have the seal in the lid, burned those babies badly. Took two days of soaking and scrubbing, finally had to break out the steel scrubber. But now it is ready to go again! I use it several times a week. Took a frozen pork roast. Perfectly cooked on 1 hour!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mattman

I have two of the 8 quart versions. We love it, great for stews, beans, soups, ribs ect. But, the inner pot will start to peal with time. Now don't get me wrong it is made well and works as advertised, I just use it a lot, 2 or 3 times a week. I just made beef stroganogh (beef with noodles and mushrooms), delicious and only took 30 minutes using chuck. If I get another electric pressure cooker it will be this one
https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-...27112&sr=8-1&keywords=instant+pot+duo+60&th=1

I have been pressure cooking on a induction cooktop for years, now I hardly use anything but my Power Pressure cooker XL, bought the 8 quart model from Sams for $79.00

I had to laugh. I looked this up and the first line is:
Instant Pot is a smart Electric Pressure Cooker designed by Canadians aiming to be Safe, Convenient and Dependable.

So if I am not Canadian does that mean I can't use it safely, conveniently, and Dependable? Lol.
How long would you say you have had your XL?
Sounds like I can't go wrong with either. Just need to figure out which options on them I like.