Landmark Madison Washer/Dryer

porthole

Retired
One way to damage an axle is to hit a serious bump at high speed. That could bend the axle. But I don't know that it would break.

Another possibility is if there were a defect in the springs, causing the spring pack to break or shift. I think a spring failure could lead to consequential axle damage.

If you were significantly overloaded, it's possible that might lead to spring and axle damage. But you'd have to have quite a bit of gear, and maybe full holding tanks.

OR - perhaps it is just another failure of a lippert frame and suspension component which has reared it's all too ugly head many times on this and multiple other forums.

Bsvls

I purchased a 2017 Madison in October 2017. Fantastic Unit by the way. We are having some serious issues with the rear bedroom. We picked up our unit and took it directly on our annual month long trip. At our first stop 450 miles away, the stackable washer/dryer had completely dislodged from the floor mounts and broke the tub of the washer. The clothes rod in the closet was on the floor of the closet and the lower frame of the tv wood moulding had broken off. Being a retired engineer I attributed the force to the rear of any 5th wheel like that of a Moment Arm. Our previous 3 5th wheels front bedroom did not have the varied components like the bedroom. The dealer repaired the washer/dryer mounts and assured us this would solve the problem. We took it home and in the 4 hour ride home it happened again. What are the solutions that Heartland has come up with to this problem? Our Mobile Suites was strapped to the floor. Have there bee any other owners with the same issues?
We are also having these same problems. Bought ours in october also.

Bought a 2018 LM Madison in December. Parked it 10 miles from dealer for now. There are a few items like LED lighting one one awning and a facia light inside. The grey 2 and black are mislabled... but nothing like what you guys are talking about.

I dont believe the Madison is discontinued. I am going to look into the air ride pin and the shocks mentioned below. We have a stackable in the back and I really do not want those problems. I like the front living room. Would not own an RV without it.

Mburtsvt

Bought a 2018 LM Madison in December. Parked it 10 miles from dealer for now. There are a few items like LED lighting one one awning and a facia light inside. The grey 2 and black are mislabled... but nothing like what you guys are talking about.

I dont believe the Madison is discontinued. I am going to look into the air ride pin and the shocks mentioned below. We have a stackable in the back and I really do not want those problems. I like the front living room. Would not own an RV without it.

It has been discontinued after just 3 years. I believe it was rushed to production because they needed a front entertainment area product. I had mine for 15 months and it was in the shop for a total of 4 months. I was going to have it sent to Heartland, but at the last minute I sold the unit - lesson learned.

Last edited:
I purchased a 2017 Madison in October 2017. Fantastic Unit by the way. We are having some serious issues with the rear bedroom. We picked up our unit and took it directly on our annual month long trip. At our first stop 450 miles away, the stackable washer/dryer had completely dislodged from the floor mounts and broke the tub of the washer. The clothes rod in the closet was on the floor of the closet and the lower frame of the tv wood moulding had broken off. Being a retired engineer I attributed the force to the rear of any 5th wheel like that of a Moment Arm. Our previous 3 5th wheels front bedroom did not have the varied components like the bedroom. The dealer repaired the washer/dryer mounts and assured us this would solve the problem. We took it home and in the 4 hour ride home it happened again. What are the solutions that Heartland has come up with to this problem? Our Mobile Suites was strapped to the floor. Have there bee any other owners with the same issues?

We have had the same issues. the biggest issue is we have taken 2 trips and each time our washer and dryer has came loose and broke. the first time they replaced the washer thru splendid warranty but now on our last trip we took the dryer off and put it in the kitchen and put the shipping bolts in the washer and when we got home they were broken and so was our washer again. Splendid said that the washer and dryer is to far from the axles so it will continue to do that. I am now in the process to see what they are going to do with it. If you have any information it would be appreciated because we have no idea what to do but take the washer and dryer out every time we travel . Which we should not have to do. If you have found out anything could you please let us know. thanks