ATF: Cyclone - satelite connection

lfoster

first time buy of a heartland toy hauler i have beem to use an outside satellite connection for living room television but can not find one that works

jimtoo

HI lfoster,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some good info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Lynn1130

First place to start is the "tools" section above. If you drill down to the cabling in the different models you will find one that lays out the coax for the Cyclone that will help you understand the routes for them. There are also a number of threads on this topic and some suggestions. The search section will help.

LBR

first time buy of a heartland toy hauler i have beem to use an outside satellite connection for living room television but can not find one that works
At the top of our UDC, there are 4 horizontal coax hookups for satellite...2 dead headed at roof, 1 for bedroom, and 1 for living room. The UDC detail sheet shows where they go, but ours was hooked up at factory wrong and is the second one from the front. It is suppose to go to the roof, but instead goes to the living room TV hookup.

Good luck tracing yours down and keep plugging away at it...there are many here that were wired wrong from factory.

lfoster

This is the new model 4005
I can't find a UDC sheet or for that matter an owner's manual. All I know about this 5th.wheel is what I have read on this forum. I did finally find the furnace control in the bedroom thermostat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

danemayer

This is the new model 4005
I can't find a UDC sheet or for that matter an owner's manual. All I know about this 5th.wheel is what I have read on this forum. I did finally find the furnace control in the bedroom thermostat.

There's usually a large diagram on the inside of the cargo door or on the side wall of the UDC. Here's a link to a couple of examples. The Cyclone example is probably not quite like your new rig.

The trailer manual is inside the blue pouch full of manufacturer manuals tucked away inside a cabinet or drawer in the coach. If you can't find the pouch, your dealer probably removed it for safekeeping and forget to put it back.

You can download a copy of the manual from this link.

And there's a large collection of manufacturer manuals and helpful files in the manuals section of the forum. You can get there by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page, or from this link.

We also have a number of owner-written user guides at this link.

LBR

Here is a pic of our new CY UDC sheet stuck to the compartment door....should be very similar to your 4005....

904d6835775ca3f87a534ab1566034cc.jpg

lfoster

Thanks for the help.Will check it out tomorrow. Been installing cheap heat also Larry with cheap heat is great help.

lfoster

Finally getting back to try to getting satellite dish working. After ringing out all 4 coax leads at the udc to satellite feed in living room nothing checks good.I am now trying to figure out how to get a new one form udc to living room. Any suggestions Will be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've done a couple of add on coax cables. I just unscrewed the coroplast and ran a new coax. Was pretty simple.
Depending on where you need it to be, for example, if you need to run the coax into a slide there should be a barrel connector below the slide. You could use the cable already in the slide by using that barrel connection.

Peace
Dave

rocrider50

Here is a pic of our new CY UDC sheet stuck to the compartment door....should be very similar to your 4005....

904d6835775ca3f87a534ab1566034cc.jpg

Wow, I need this sticker. Mine did not come with one and this is a big help. Thanks. Is it possible to post a full picture in the manuals section, please.

rocrider50

We have 2 posted. One is from a Cyclone, although it might not be an exact representation of the rig you have. Here's a link.

Your everywhere danemayer and very knowledgeable. I'm sure you are more than one person or a computer, perhaps cyborg. Thanks for the help, this will work well. I'm going to print it out and stick in my camper.

avvidclif

The one for the Cyclone matches mine except the CATV and Black Tank Flush are reversed, go figure.....

Dennyha

When we first purchased our 2015 Cyclone 3010, I couldn't get a satellite feed into the living room. I used a coax tracer, with no luck. Ultimately, I ran a section of coax from the back of the UDC connection to the wall plate in the living room, connecting to the lower connector for satellite. Further, I checked the splitters in the cabinet above the TV, where the cheap speakers are, and found that the splitters were never tightened, and were low frequency splitters instead of the high frequency splitters recommended for HD Satellite. I replaced all of the splitters with high frequency splitters and tightened the connections, and was able to coax tone into all of my TV locations. I still use the direct coax connection between the UDC and living room to get the best signal.

Cane.MBA

I just learned this handy little fact the other day. In the master bedroom, check the cable outlet, there is a little black switch, connected to a red LED. This switch is for the antennae booster, and if it's on an external signal won't work.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your everywhere danemayer and very knowledgeable. I'm sure you are more than one person or a computer, perhaps cyborg. Thanks for the help, this will work well. I'm going to print it out and stick in my camper.

Dan's no cyborg, he genuinely cares about helping others. Here he is (in grey) helping us with a broken shackle, in Breckenridge, Co. in 2014.

25c750b79660ab055447a6f56c2ef371.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk