Testing antenna power supply

MP_CS

Hey everyone, looking for some troubleshooting advice here. I just swapped out my batwing for the king jack replacement head. Had no trouble other than the red light on the antenna wont come on. The red light on the tv wallplate in bedroom does however. I can deduce from other post here that there should be 12volts to the antenna but when i check with my DMM i dont have anything, you check between the center pin and outside of connector right? I dont have 12volts at the wall plate connector or at antenna, does that mean the wallplate power supply is bad? Any help is appreciated, thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to check your fuse panel for a blown fuse.
Also pull the booster out and check the coax there. You may have a loose cable or one that is shorted to ground.

Peace
Dave

MP_CS

So i pulled off the power supply wall plate and think i found the problem, the tv2 antenna jack has broken solder joints on the board. A check with my DMM shows only tv1 was getting 12v. I'm going to order a replacement and see how that goes.

wdk450

So i pulled off the power supply wall plate and think i found the problem, the tv2 antenna jack has broken solder joints on the board. A check with my DMM shows only tv1 was getting 12v. I'm going to order a replacement and see how that goes.

Only the connector going to the antenna should have 12 volts DC on it (when the booster panel is turned ON - Red LED ON). This powers the amplifier in the antenna head. The TV's don't need 12 volts DC going to them, and this may cause problems with the RF input circuitry (or load down the 12 volts from the booster panel).

RV Antenna Booster Plate.png

MP_CS

Only the connector going to the antenna should have 12 volts DC on it (when the booster panel is turned ON - Red LED ON). This powers the amplifier in the antenna head. The TV's don't need 12 volts DC going to them, and this may cause problems with the RF input circuitry (or load down the 12 volts from the booster panel).

View attachment 51334

Ahh, i will trace the cables next time a get a chance but maybe that was the problem all along, the cables are not hooked up correctly.