27p bhs door keypad help

Kevo

Hi guys/gals I'm new to all this and thanks for the warm welcome.
we just got a 2012 prowler 27pbhs. Beautiful trailer it has a awesome feature on the door that is a keypad to lock and unlock the trailer. The problem is the original owners can't remember the code and when I do ouch any buttons nothing lights up and from what I can find on google there may be a battery I need to replace but I can't find nothing on how to replace it or where it is. I have nothing on this in the owners manual either. Then when I get that working how do I set my own code? Thanks in advance for any help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Kevo and welcome to this great forum. Lots of great information here.

Since your rig is a 2012 I suspect you have the Southco Keyless Entry system. I don't think that there are too many of them around that still work. Most have failed
But in case you have the odd one that still works I have attached a pdf that will help you change the battery as well as program a new code.

If you fail to get it working and you want a keyless entry system I suggest the RVLock.

And consider joining the Heartland Owners Club as well as checking the Events tab at the top of the page to check on a rally or two near you.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• Keyless_Entry_EA-R03_Southco.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 35

Kevo

Hey Dave thanks for the reply. For some reason I can't get the southco attment to open. I did fine some stuff on the forum here about southco locks but nothing on where or how to change the battery.

MCTalley

Hey Dave thanks for the reply. For some reason I can't get the southco attment to open. I did fine some stuff on the forum here about southco locks but nothing on where or how to change the battery.

Since you can't open the document, here are the particulars:

Changing the User Code
The unit is shipped with a default user code of 1234, but can be changed
to a 3-7 digit number. To change the user code:
1. Press the 9·0 button for approximately 3 seconds. Keypad lights
should flash twice then stay on.
2. Enter the current user code. When entering the last digit of the
current user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds.
Keypad lights should flash once then stay on.
3. Enter the new user code. When entering the last digit of the new
user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds. Keypad
lights should flash once then stay on.
4. Repeat the new user code. When entering the last digit of the
new user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds.
5. Keypad lights should flash once then turn off. The user code has
been successfully changed.
If the keypad lights turn off during Steps 1-4, then programming has been
timed out and the process needs to be repeated from Step 1.

Per batteries, it just mentions replacing a CR2032 battery in the transmitter, but not how.

The receiver is apparently wired to the coach's 12VDC supply.

Kevo

Ok thanks

i was able to get ahold of southco and they walked me threw it. So to change the battery you have to peel the keypad off of the door it will be double sided tap or cocking holding it on. One you do that there are 8 little screws to remove then you can get into the battery. Put the t all back together new double sided tape on the door and I got it worked by again last night.

Since you can't open the document, here are the particulars:

Changing the User Code
The unit is shipped with a default user code of 1234, but can be changed
to a 3-7 digit number. To change the user code:
1. Press the 9·0 button for approximately 3 seconds. Keypad lights
should flash twice then stay on.
2. Enter the current user code. When entering the last digit of the
current user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds.
Keypad lights should flash once then stay on.
3. Enter the new user code. When entering the last digit of the new
user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds. Keypad
lights should flash once then stay on.
4. Repeat the new user code. When entering the last digit of the
new user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds.
5. Keypad lights should flash once then turn off. The user code has
been successfully changed.
If the keypad lights turn off during Steps 1-4, then programming has been
timed out and the process needs to be repeated from Step 1.

Per batteries, it just mentions replacing a CR2032 battery in the transmitter, but not how.

The receiver is apparently wired to the coach's 12VDC supply.
Can anyone tell me where the reciever is located?

Keyless. Entry Reciever

Hello,
Trying to replace my keyless entry components . I can't seem to find where the keyless Reciever is located? Possibly someone out there has replaced one at some point?
John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Keyless. Entry Reciever

Hello and welcome to this great forum.
What brand and model number do you own. Your profile shows a 2012 3855FL. You also posted in the Prowler 27p bh thread.
Your receiver should be mounted in the door.

Peace
Dave

Hello and welcome to this great forum.
What brand and model number do you own. Your profile shows a 2012 3855FL. You also posted in the Prowler 27p bh thread.
Your receiver should be mounted in the door.

Peace
Dave
Dave,
My unit is a Bighorn , the reciever is not located in door. It's an electrical switch that r Cleve's a signal from the keyfob . The door contains a contact switch and a soloing switch which reacts when voltage is applied but no reciever. Should be near door though, just not sure where.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Dave,
My unit is a Bighorn , the reciever is not located in door. It's an electrical switch that r Cleve's a signal from the keyfob . The door contains a contact switch and a soloing switch which reacts when voltage is applied but no reciever. Should be near door though, just not sure where.

John

What year is your Big Horn?? Also, does your keyless system have a separate key pad??

rdufek

If it's something that Heartland put in it is probably behind the breaker panel. Pull out a drawer in that area and you will probably find it there.

danemayer

On our 2011 Landmark, the Southco receiver is located inside the entry door. To access it, the frame around the window must be removed, and I would advise setting the window aside so it doesn't fall. Once out, if you look down, you should see the module and you'll have to pull it up to work on it. Take care that you don't pull the connectors off the module.

You may need some fresh butyl tape around the window when you put it back together. And it's a good idea to put the screws back into the window frame by hand so you don't crack the plastic by over-torquing.

If it's something that Heartland put in it is probably behind the breaker panel. Pull out a drawer in that area and you will probably find it there.
Bob,
I looked all around back of breaker panel with no luck. I'll try and send a photo of what the part looks like. It has a wire harness and doubt that Heartland would place it in a door since it needs to recieve a radio signal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 21

rdufek

Well I certainly found it hard to believe when I found my controller for my remote in the middle of my trailer behind the kitchen drawer, but there it was. Sorry yours was not there, I would give Dan's suggestion the next try.

danemayer

Check the inside of your entry door frame, near the bottom hinge. If there are 2 spring-loaded buttons, and they are opposite two contacts, that's where the power goes into the door to energize the receiver for your Southco keypad.