28BHS factory issues

Johnp322

I have two questions pertaining to my 28 BHS that I would like to ask the factory.

The front fiberglass piece in the front of the trailer is showing signs of becoming very wavy on the bottom of the front. I would have expected that the piece of fiberglass would maintain a smooth surface and not become bumpy and wavy as it looking now. The issue is toward the bottom but I am afraid that the issue will spread . Any comments on how to correct this

Second I did read on another posting that you guys did move the faucet over for the kitchen sink which is a great idea but is it possible to retrofit the older sink or replace it with the newer sink. With the smaller side of the sink not as deep and the faucet located there every time you use the faucet all around the sink and the couch gets soaked.

Thanks

John P

CampingJunkie

John, the front cap has known caulk issues. The caulk used originally was not flexible enough. The wind pushing on the front cap would make the caulk separate and allow water to get in. There is a fix for this problem. Take your camper to your dealer and have them contact the warranty department for explanation of the proper repairs. They are using a better caulk now. Mine was fixed and is doing fine.

As far as the sink issue, I simply added a spray head on the faucet itself. This allows for water to get over to the other side easier.

Hope this helps.

Johnp322

update

Thanks for the info, I will remember to tell them when I bring it in. I do not have a leaking issue in the front (YET) but the wavy fiberglass is an eyesore. I do have some leaking in the window near the sink during heavy rain and at the bottom of the vent over the stove. Does your have any issues with that type of leaking.
If I might ask where did you purchase the sprayer for the sink and did you have to drill a hole in the sink to mount it. I was thinking of drilling some holes and relocate the faucet, leaving the far right hole available for the sprayer.

john

freex4

Thanks for the info, I will remember to tell them when I bring it in. I do not have a leaking issue in the front (YET) but the wavy fiberglass is an eyesore. I do have some leaking in the window near the sink during heavy rain and at the bottom of the vent over the stove. Does your have any issues with that type of leaking.
If I might ask where did you purchase the sprayer for the sink and did you have to drill a hole in the sink to mount it. I was thinking of drilling some holes and relocate the faucet, leaving the far right hole available for the sprayer.

john

John,
We installed a swivel aerator, not a sprayer, on our sink and it works great. No drilling, just unscrew the original aerator and screw on the new one. They are available at Wal-Mart for a few dollars. It's not perfect, but better than replacing the hole sink and moving it.
2340341360103146064S200x200Q85.jpg

(Picture borrowed from Medic9016)

CampingJunkie

John, the picture that freex4 posted is exactly what I installed. Sorry for the confusion.

The wavy fiberglass may be caused by water infiltration. Get it check out as soon as possible. We have not had any other water issues, knock on wood. The windows nor the slide have leaked as others have experienced. Get these things addressed with your dealer as soon as possible.