ATF: Big Country - Problems before even goin on the Road

SPARKY65

We picked up our Big Country on 5/1/17. One night in yard 5/2 after finding problems Sent back to dealer 5/3 there it sits.
Campers Inn Kingston N.H.
We were rushed through the checking out of camper from the dealer rep.
said it was O.K. the lights & refrigerator by rep, but the Scare/Flood light switches are not working. Also the Norcold Refrigerator in the rig has major problems missing many pieces. The flapper, Pins to fridge uneven. Door having big space and no protection. Can see right into the fridge when closed. Very disheartened. Spent large $$'s and I know Heartland is a great brand but how do we solve this problem?

rcofd2

I would get Heartland customer service a call and get them to get on the dealer to get it rite and done soon...

danemayer

We picked up our Big Country on 5/1/17. One night in yard 5/2 after finding problems Sent back to dealer 5/3 there it sits.

I get that you're disappointed that there were problems and that they didn't get fixed before you took delivery.

Did you ask the dealer to have everything corrected by any particular date? Or did they give you any indication how long they would take?

By the way, if there are parts missing from the refrigerator, there's a pretty good chance the dealer techs cannibalized it to fix someone else's problems. That's something that's not uncommon.

Paradise2

Campers Inn Kingston N.H.
We were rushed through the checking out of camper from the dealer rep.
said it was O.K. the lights & refrigerator by rep, but the Scare/Flood light switches are not working. Also the Norcold Refrigerator in the rig has major problems missing many pieces. The flapper, Pins to fridge uneven. Door having big space and no protection. Can see right into the fridge when closed. Very disheartened. Spent large $$'s and I know Heartland is a great brand but how do we solve this problem?

Which dealership did you pick it up from?

SPARKY65

Which dealership did you pick it up from?
Campers Inn of Kingston N.H.....I have found out that a man by the name of : Jeff Hirsch is the CEO of the company. Trying to contact him. What is the correct Heartland phone number to use for my situation?

- - - Updated - - -

I get that you're disappointed that there were problems and that they didn't get fixed before you took delivery.

Did you ask the dealer to have everything corrected by any particular date? Or did they give you any indication how long they would take?

By the way, if there are parts missing from the refrigerator, there's a pretty good chance the dealer techs cannibalized it to fix someone else's problems. That's something that's not uncommon.

No kidding! There were shelves missing in the fridge and they stole them out of another RV to make it OK in mine but that did not do the job....That is really disgusting!

- - - Updated - - -

I would get Heartland customer service a call and get them to get on the dealer to get it rite and done soon...

What is the right number to get the actions taken care of quickly?

rcofd2

Campers Inn of Kingston N.H.....I have found out that a man by the name of : Jeff Hirsch is the CEO of the company. Trying to contact him. What is the correct Heartland phone number to use for my situation?

- - - Updated - - -

No kidding! There were shelves missing in the fridge and they stole them out of another RV to make it OK in mine but that did not do the job....That is really disgusting!

- - - Updated - - -

What is the right number to get the actions taken care of quickly?
This is the customer service #877-262-8032. Have vin# ready.

SPARKY65

Re: ATF: Big Country - Problems before even goin on the Road, However: Able to contact owner of dealership

This is the customer service #877-262-8032. Have vin# ready.
Thanks for the phone number. B.T.W. I was able to contact Jeff Hirsch and he will be looking into the issue also.

SPARKY65

Have contacted owner of the dealership for the multitude of issues. I hope his integrity is better than those at the dealership. It amazes me that requests were ignored and one does not know the difference between a 6 volt battery cover and a 12 volt battery cover! That is how bad it is. I agree the fridge was abused and cannibalized, that should be stopped in all dealerships! If the action takes place, the rig that gets torn apart should get replacements, not forgotten. It puts people unhappy with Heartland or other brands ,, when it was not the manufacture of the products fault.