Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Interior re-do.

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Interior re-do.

Quote Originally Posted by Garypowell View Post
    Really great! Keep posting....love what you are doing.
    Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TravelTiger View Post
    Very nice! I think we looked at that loveseat when we were considering replacing our loveseat in our previous ElkRidge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It's very comfortable. Even my 6'7" husband likes it. I like the integrated USB. It is in a little different direction design-wise than we planned, but the comfort got us. I think we can still make some interior changes that will reflect the outside of the trailer.
    Darrell and Pamela

2. Print this Post   #12

Worked on the "end tables" today. Got a little out of our comfort zone with the design, but I kinda like it. The door side had to be made...19657034_10207690574577221_52954596859088716_n.jpg Then skinned and a new top...19642523_10207690574817227_460807370374760466_n.jpg19702291_10207690575537245_9063645884729736252_n.jpg The driver side needed skin and a new top...19656992_10207690574217212_3639492450572513086_n.jpg19748384_10207690576057258_435077753531507138_n.jpg We found some Formica that matches the other surfaces in the trailer, and will be adhering that to the tops...19601467_10207690577417292_8496553130095215809_n.jpg Still need to fix the unnecessary hole in the floor. 19702186_10207690576457268_924722149187941006_n.jpg
    Darrell and Pamela

3. Print this Post   #13

I love what you have done here and I'm thinking of doing something similar. My main question is how did you get the loveseat recliners in the camper? It looks too big to go through the door? Thanks for giving me inspiration to do this to a new camper!

4. Print this Post   #14

That really looks cool. I love the tin. I would have never thought of that it makes for a great look. Great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith & Kim
    Celina, OH

Go Vols!!

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duramax SRW
    2018 Big Horn 3575 EL

5. Print this Post   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Greggshere View Post
    I love what you have done here and I'm thinking of doing something similar. My main question is how did you get the loveseat recliners in the camper? It looks too big to go through the door? Thanks for giving me inspiration to do this to a new camper!
    The love seat was a tight fit. Fortunately, La-Z-Boy makes the back easily removable. The door's opener (at the top) was removed by slipping it off, so the door could open wider. We then stood the love seat on its end (arm rest) on cardboard and twisted and slid it in. When we looked for a love seat, we made sure the back, or some part of the body, was removable. Getting it in the door was the hardest part of this project. What we didn't expect was how heavy the love seat is even with the back removed. Measure, look, measure, look and take your time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kbvols View Post
    That really looks cool. I love the tin. I would have never thought of that it makes for a great look. Great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks...it struck us while walking through Lowe's. It kinda brings the siding on the outside, inside.
    Darrell and Pamela

6. Print this Post   #16

Quote Originally Posted by Furious10 View Post
    The love seat was a tight fit. Fortunately, La-Z-Boy makes the back easily removable. The door's opener (at the top) was removed by slipping it off, so the door could open wider. We then stood the love seat on its end (arm rest) on cardboard and twisted and slid it in. When we looked for a love seat, we made sure the back, or some part of the body, was removable. Getting it in the door was the hardest part of this project. What we didn't expect was how heavy the love seat is even with the back removed. Measure, look, measure, look and take your time.
    Thank you for the response and excellent information, I think me most likely will tackle this project, because the more I look at it the more functional it looks. The booth is just awkward at best even with the drop leaf round table we put in.

7. Print this Post   #17

Thank you for the response and excellent information, I think me most likely will tackle this project, because the more I look at it the more functional it looks. The booth is just awkward at best even with the drop leaf round table we put in.
    Exactly how we felt about it. We built new tables (2) first, but decided it's not the table that was the problem...it was the uncomfortable booth. I'm sure booths work for a lot of people, and we had them in the other two trailers we built; but we wanted a comfortable place to sit while reading, watching TV or a movie at night. And since we don't have any young children or grandchildren staying with us, we don't need the extra bed area...although the recliner can be slept on. Good luck and post pictures, please.
    Darrell and Pamela

8. Print this Post   #18

I'm in the process now of doing this myself. How did you deal with the colored wiring coming out of the floor? The Romex electrical is easily moved but I'm not so sure about that colored wiring coming out of the floor. Did you cut it and then splice it back? Also, where is the water pump located?

9. Print this Post   #19

I'm in the process now of doing this myself. How did you deal with the colored wiring coming out of the floor? The Romex electrical is easily moved but I'm not so sure about that colored wiring coming out of the floor. Did you cut it and then splice it back? Also, where is the water pump located?

I just pulled the wiring under the vinyl over to the door side connection. I found a sample piece of vinyl in Lowe's that closely matches the trailer vinyl and pieced it in place. The wire is pretty flat and the couch comes out far enough that we don't step there unless we try to. Even if we do step there, the hole is small enough that you don't fall through. I'm still not sure what that wiring is for...but I left it. The water pump is under the bedroom sink lower panel. We found it because our pump was not running correctly. We discovered that the winterizing tube was open, allowing air in the system.
    Darrell and Pamela

10. Print this Post   #20

Thank you for the pump location, mine doesn't come on when I flip the switch on the panel by the door so I need to troubleshoot it. Just so I'm straight on that wiring, you left it coming out of the floor, laid it flat and covered over it with a piece of new vinyl?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast