Interior re-do.

Greggshere

Check the TV menu settings to make sure you're not set for Component Video In.

Yes thank you, it was set on component instead of AV. All fixed now and we watched a movie last night in living color!

- - - Updated - - -

Tiled the back-splash and front of the side wall. What do you think?
View attachment 53810View attachment 53811View attachment 53812

VERY NICE! I love it, especially the touch on the sidewall. It really gives it that finished custom touch!

BobbyandGenee

That tile looks great! We bought the stuff to do it then decided to wait until we do the tub conversion. I have a feeling we won't actually get it done until winter. We did our 8th trip this past weekend to Yosemite, and we are going to Lassen next weekend. Although we would like to get it all done before our Heartland Rally in September. Not enough time in the day when we work full time also! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furious10

Yes thank you, it was set on component instead of AV. All fixed now and we watched a movie last night in living color!

- - - Updated - - -

VERY NICE! I love it, especially the touch on the sidewall. It really gives it that finished custom touch!

Glad you found the problem, Gregg. Thanks for the compliment.

That tile looks great! We bought the stuff to do it then decided to wait until we do the tub conversion. I have a feeling we won't actually get it done until winter. We did our 8th trip this past weekend to Yosemite, and we are going to Lassen next weekend. Although we would like to get it all done before our Heartland Rally in September. Not enough time in the day when we work full time also! Lol!

Thanks Bobby, we used "Smart Tiles": easy to work with and sticky as heck. Sounds like you guys are enjoying the trailer. We have 3 more trips planned this year. We know about time and work. LOL

Last edited:

Mrsfish

Glad you found the problem, Gregg. Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks Bobby, we used "Smart Tile": easy to work with and sticky as heck. Sounds like you guys are enjoying the trailer. We have 3 more trips planned this year. We know about time and work. LOL

Question 1- did you have a factory backsplash? 2- did you remove it or tyle over it? 3- what grout did you use?

Furious10

Question 1- did you have a factory backsplash? 2- did you remove it or tyle over it? 3- what grout did you use?

No, we did not have an existing back-splash. This is a product called "Smart Tiles"; it is not real tile. Very lightweight, comes in sheets and no grout needed. They are very sticky and once installed (easy), they are strikingly similar to real glass tile and everybody that has seen them in the trailer can't believe they aren't real. Here is the link: https://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/

Greggshere

So we did start some renovations. First is the bath to make it more "user friendly". Built a new sturdier platform, reconnected the drain and placed the new tub View attachment 52240. A better viewView attachment 52242. Cut the holes for the faucetView attachment 52243. Test fit the surroundView attachment 52241. Made the skirt from the old surroundView attachment 52244. The finished tub and surroundView attachment 52245. Still some final caulking to do and hook up the controls. I also got this shower curtain rod...very cool.

So when you started this particular project, did your Terry have the little linen closet in it? If so, did you just remove it or did you put it somewhere else? I was looking at this and thinking I might want to tackle it at some point, but the wife isn't crazy about loosing that cabinet, since she keeps the TP, towels and body wash in it, as well as the toilet cleaner. I like the idea of a bigger shower.

Furious10

So when you started this particular project, did your Terry have the little linen closet in it? If so, did you just remove it or did you put it somewhere else? I was looking at this and thinking I might want to tackle it at some point, but the wife isn't crazy about loosing that cabinet, since she keeps the TP, towels and body wash in it, as well as the toilet cleaner. I like the idea of a bigger shower.

We did remove the little linen closet. I put a cute, small basket near the toilet to hold some of the things we need. I put up some decorative hooks for the towels. I keep all the cleaning supplies under the BR sink. I had, at one point, thought about hanging some small shelves or baskets in the bathroom to hold items. I still may do this, but the small basket on the floor serves it's intended purpose. We really needed the shower to be bigger. My husband is 6'7" and 260 lbs...big guy. BTW: check out the shower curtain rod (https://www.strombergcarlson.com/sh...shower/extend-a-shower-for-35-to-42-openings/)...it is so cool.

Oregon_Camper

No, we did not have an existing back-splash. This is a product called "Smart Tiles"; it is not real tile. Very lightweight, comes in sheets and no grout needed. They are very sticky and once installed (easy), they are strikingly similar to real glass tile and everybody that has seen them in the trailer can't believe they aren't real. Here is the link: https://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/

We did the same tile install last week. Here is ours.

20170818_154258.jpg

Greggshere

So I took some photos this morning and I thought I would show how we have our Terry decorated right now. Very homey and we love it. Everything on the walls is secured in such a way that none of it moves when the trailer is towed. The wife would kill me if she thought I posted with the bed not made. We spent yesterday and last night in there, so unmade bed and some bottles on the counter. :) Also, sorry about the sideways photos.

IMG_0929.jpgIMG_0930.jpgIMG_0931.jpgIMG_0932.jpgIMG_0933.jpgIMG_0934.jpgIMG_0935.jpgIMG_0936.jpgIMG_0937.jpgIMG_0938.jpg

BobbyandGenee

So I have to ask, what did you use to hang stuff so it doesn't fall? We can't leave anything hanging while we move it. The roads here have so many potholes it's like going down a cobble stone road sometimes

Greggshere

We use the normal mounting points an screws then I use the thick 3m double sided tape on strategic areas on the side or bottom. This keeps it from bouncing up and off the screws an also prevents swinging.

BobbyandGenee

Well......we got the tub ordered. Cost more to ship it than buy it....and the custom tile. We are going to use http://www.txtr-lite.com/ and do the entire bathroom. Should be fun! I will start a new thread with our customized stuff.

Just wanted to share....since we have a grand daughter we actually like the front convertible booth. I modified it so instead of using the table there is a 3/4" plywood base so we could get it wider. We made a leg to support the outside edge with a 2x4. I will make future modifications to this setup to make it more flexible and appealing.

We just did some creative arranging of the cushions, and added some pillows from Pier 1 Imports to tie it all together.
63f154ba8d2c97b9be30af780736b332.jpg
8cc938f0df2ef4b3ad2943c825125182.jpg

Furious10

Well......we got the tub ordered. Cost more to ship it than buy it....and the custom tile. We are going to use http://www.txtr-lite.com/ and do the entire bathroom. Should be fun! I will start a new thread with our customized stuff.

Just wanted to share....since we have a grand daughter we actually like the front convertible booth. I modified it so instead of using the table there is a 3/4" plywood base so we could get it wider. We made a leg to support the outside edge with a 2x4. I will make future modifications to this setup to make it more flexible and appealing.

We just did some creative arranging of the cushions, and added some pillows from Pier 1 Imports to tie it all together.
63f154ba8d2c97b9be30af780736b332.jpg
8cc938f0df2ef4b3ad2943c825125182.jpg

The booth looks good and your granddaughter has a "cave" under it...lol. So, I take it you're going to tile the bathroom instead of using a surround? That will be beautiful. That "tile" looks nice. Can't wait to see what you do.