EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OK, Oklahoma City - 9/21/2017 to 9/23/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Here is the tentative Agenda, Things are always subject to change but We will have the final printed off and available at sign-in.

Agenda
Wednesday, Sept. 20[SUP]th[/SUP] (Pre-Rally)

9:45 a.m. Carpool to OKC Memorial & Museum. (Orville Coordinating)

Thursday, Sept. 21[SUP]st[/SUP]
2:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Meet and Greet / Club House
Cookies and Coffee

4:00 pm Q&A with Ron Russell, Performance Trailer Breaking

5:30 pm Hot Dogs at the Clubhouse

7:00 pm Clubhouse open for games and socializing

Friday, Sept. 22[SUP]nd[/SUP]
8:00 am Donuts and coffee available at Club House

10:00 am Clubhouse – Arts and Crafts with Barbara, Bring a T-Shirt that you can cut up.

12:00 noon Lunch on your own

1:00 pm 45[SUP]th[/SUP] Infantry Division Museum Tour
or
Botanical Garden Tour

4:30 pm Caravan to Cattleman’s Steakhouse for evening Meal

7:30 pm Games at the Club House.

Saturday, Sept. 23[SUP]rd[/SUP]
8:00 am Donuts and coffee available at Club House.

Lunch on your Own

1:30 pm Oklahoma Chapter Meeting at Club House

5:30 pm Pot Luck –Fish Fry (Fish, Fries and Hushpuppies) Bring your side or dessert.

7:00 pm Cards Against Humanity

Sunday, Sept. 24[SUP]th[/SUP]
8:00 am Coffee available at Club House
Thank you for attending the OKHOC Fall Rally

Travel Safely

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus and Debra have arrived (but not without a little excitement). We are on site 43. Just long enough for the RV and truck. If you are over 38 feet, you may have to get creative. The turn into the park off the I35 Frontage road is over 90 degrees. I pulled my emergency brake disconnect out in the turn. The new disc brakes locked up and I wasn't going anywhere. It's fun trying to reconnect the emergency cable when you have two folding bikes in the back and the tailgate will only go half way down because of the angle you're at. (Did I mention the rear end of the trailer was sticking out into the Frontage road?). But I got the cable reconnected (didn't realize there was contortionist in my ancestry).

By the way, bring plenty of sewer hose. I needed 30 feet. Nice park though. Looking forward to the rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Gus and Debra have arrived (but not without a little excitement). We are on site 43. Just long enough for the RV and truck. If you are over 38 feet, you may have to get creative. The turn into the park off the I35 Frontage road is over 90 degrees. I pulled my emergency brake disconnect out in the turn. The new disc brakes locked up and I wasn't going anywhere. It's fun trying to reconnect the emergency cable when you have two folding bikes in the back and the tailgate will only go half way down because of the angle you're at. (Did I mention the rear end of the trailer was sticking out into the Frontage road?). But I got the cable reconnected (didn't realize there was contortionist in my ancestry).

By the way, bring plenty of sewer hose. I needed 30 feet. Nice park though. Looking forward to the rally.

Hey Gus, did you notice if the old entrance is still open? I think it was on Hattie Avenue. I haven't been there for a year or so and there was no entrance off the frontage road then.

boatto5er

Did not notice. Going out for dinner in about an hour. I'll try to remember to look.

boatto5er

Mike, the old entrance is still open, but the check in lane at the office is on the new entrance. If you come in the old entrance, you'll have to park in the street in front of the office and then may have to turn around (they put us in the old section)-don't know if all of us are going to be in that section.

pegmikef

Mike, the old entrance is still open, but the check in lane at the office is on the new entrance. If you come in the old entrance, you'll have to park in the street in front of the office and then may have to turn around (they put us in the old section)-don't know if all of us are going to be in that section.

Thanks Gus. Sounds like I will just use the access road entrance. I am surprised that they put you in the old section as I thought I was told that we would all be in the new section. I stayed in the old section not too long after that whole park was demolished by a tornado. They were still restoring part of it and had already started on the new section. I seem to recall the old section was just fine. See you all Tuesday.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We are leaving for our first rally since we left Arkansas in April. Looking forward to seeing our friends again and getting back into "rally mode" again.

Titanguy

Thanks Gus. Sounds like I will just use the access road entrance. I am surprised that they put you in the old section as I thought I was told that we would all be in the new section. I stayed in the old section not too long after that whole park was demolished by a tornado. They were still restoring part of it and had already started on the new section. I seem to recall the old section was just fine. See you all Tuesday.

The Hattie entrance is still open.
When using the access road entrance the turn is a little tight so give yourself plenty of room.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Stacy an I are getting ready to leave. Be there around 3 depending on Blue Beacon wait. We're going to Pearls Oyster Bar to eat tonight, who's in?

Pokiejoe

Good morning. Just left home headed that way. Be there this afternoon. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Pokiejoe

Thanks to Rex and Stacey for hosting the rally. You did a great job and the fish was delicious. Thanks again and hope you see you down the road. :)

boatto5er

Amen to a great job by Rex and Stacy. Debra and I didn't get to participate and socialize as much as we would have liked due to family commitments and house hunting, but we thoroughly enjoyed the dinner Sat night. By the way, looks like we're becoming OK Chapter members. Signed a contract on a new house in SW OKC this morning.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Amen to a great job by Rex and Stacy. Debra and I didn't get to participate and socialize as much as we would have liked due to family commitments and house hunting, but we thoroughly enjoyed the dinner Sat night. By the way, looks like we're becoming OK Chapter members. Signed a contract on a new house in SW OKC this morning.

Awesome so I guess that means you will be signing up for my spring rally then?

pegmikef

Great job Rex and Stacey. Thanks for sending the fish home with Peggy when I was a little under the weather. It was great. Thanks for all of the rallies you two have hosted. Never a dull moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.