Question for 4005 owners

Houtex

I'm trying to find out the distance from the back door closed to the half bath wall. I know they say the garage is xxx but I'm trying to determine if I can fit a rzr 4 in there angled. I know it won't fit straight but I may end up getting creative if I have to. There isn't a 4005 near me to go see so I'm flying blind. Thanks to anyone who can help

pmcmath

I believe it is 9 feet but will check later today. I am picking up my new 2018 4005 today if they get my superglide in.

ricatic

I'm trying to find out the distance from the back door closed to the half bath wall. I know they say the garage is xxx but I'm trying to determine if I can fit a rzr 4 in there angled. I know it won't fit straight but I may end up getting creative if I have to. There isn't a 4005 near me to go see so I'm flying blind. Thanks to anyone who can help

I just measured mine...108.325 inches from closed door to the trim on the loft ladder...I have my 2011 Spyder RT on that side on a slight angle angle and my 2008 Victory Kingpin up against the front wall at the door...no other way to get both in there...I have the patio and the 3 season door so I have to leave the sliding doors open so the Spyder trunk luggage rack will fit...

Regards

emery395

I'm going through my new 4005 to make sure all works and found the neither light in the loft works. Could there be a separate switch to activate them? The fan in loft works and all other lights in unit work? Thanks

BLR

I'm going through my new 4005 to make sure all works and found the neither light in the loft works. Could there be a separate switch to activate them? The fan in loft works and all other lights in unit work? Thanks
There is switch on the panel, however they could be shut off at the light itself.. That's what happened to us..

Sent from BLR Logistics

emery395

BLR you were correct. The left most light switch activates those lights...Why? Maybe so you can tell the kids its lights out and when they don't listen then de-active them

ricatic

So ricatic is back ;)

never really left...since I took the job I have now they have kept me very busy...and they pay well...so I had to cut back on the multiple day trips...that made rallies difficult to attend...traded the Big Horn for the 2018 CY4005...so far its been ok...just went around with my brad nailer and re-nailed all the loose pieces...:D:D:D

Working in Minot, ND now

Thanks for noticing though

Regards

emery395

Any ideas I hope I don't have leak in piping? I am getting very small amount of water coming down OUTSIDE of blue drain hose hanging under unit. There is red hose next to it and both have shut offs. Domestic water has been drained. I pulled off foam insulation covering hole cut in bottom covering and it small amount water had collected up inside When unit was delivered it rode through hours of torrential rain. Could it be possible for road splash to get up under unit.

emery395

Can anyone explain the 4005 tank situation. I pretty sure are two gray tanks, but not sure where the dump position is for the rear one. Also I assume there is one black tank and the front toilet waste flows the length of the unit to a rear tank that also gets the garage 'john'. There are multiple valves and non seem to be labeled.

What does the small sticker reading 'low point drains' is next to gray tank #1 door mean?

Anyone know of a diagram explaining the whole setup?

porthole

Retired
Can anyone explain the 4005 tank situation. I pretty sure are two gray tanks, but not sure where the dump position is for the rear one. Also I assume there is one black tank and the front toilet waste flows the length of the unit to a rear tank that also gets the garage 'john'. There are multiple valves and non seem to be labeled.

What does the small sticker reading 'low point drains' is next to gray tank #1 door mean?

Forget the diagram. Even if there was one the odds are good it would not be model specific and probably would have changed anyway.

I don't know about your exact model, but many of the toy haulers with the rear bath have:

1 gray tank for front bath shower and sink
1 black tank for front bath toilet

1 gray tank for kitchen galley sink
1 black tank for rear bath toilet and sink

You probably have two waste handles somewhere near the front docking station and two more somewhere behind the rear tire (left side or street side)

Even if labeled, odds are good they are labeled wrong. Most on the forum here just fill the tanks one by one to see where the water comes from when pulling handles.

"Low point drains" - means exactly what it says, these are valves that "should" be the lowest point on your water system to allow draining the water lines when you winterize.
But, just because they are low point drains, don't assume they are actually going to drain all the water until you prove otherwise. Many times the PEX water lines are routed with dips that do not drain.

emery395

The 4005 panel does have indicators for two gray and one black. However you are right about multiple valves. There are 4.

Maybe be the low point drain sticker just got placed on the wrong side of the unit

ricatic

My 4005 has two grey and two black tanks...dump valve handles for the rear two are in the
compartment next to the fuel hose compartment...they are stacked vertically in my unit...I have dumped all four tanks more than
a few times...the valves for the front tank are arranged horizontally and are also not labeled...trial and error will tell you how yours is
handled...

Regards

emery395

My 4005 has two grey and two black tanks...dump valve handles for the rear two are in the
compartment next to the fuel hose compartment...they are stacked vertically in my unit...I have dumped all four tanks more than
a few times...the valves for the front tank are arranged horizontally and are also not labeled...trial and error will tell you how yours is
handled...

Regards

Very confusing if 4005 has 2 black water tanks cause my panel only has 1 indicator and literature says 1 black 2 gray

jbeletti

Very confusing if 4005 has 2 black water tanks cause my panel only has 1 indicator and literature says 1 black 2 gray

I have 2 black tanks in my Landmark and there's a separate tank monitor panel "in the half bath". Check in your 2nd bath for another monitor.

ricatic

I have 2 black tanks in my Landmark and there's a separate tank monitor panel "in the half bath". Check in your 2nd bath for another monitor.

My 4005 has the same setup...next to sink in half bath...

Jim

Only going to be here until 12/8...then not sure...I am not buying the propane either...if it gets too cold...the company will put me in a hotel...

Regards