Sundance - Trailer Height

I just brought my new 2018 3700rlb home. It was ordered from plant back in November. I ordered it with the 2nd AC unit. I also ordered it with the lippert flex air trail air pin box. The height I have on first AC unit is 13' 8", I'm also 13'5 on the rear AC unit. I just took it back to the dealership, which is saying the factory is 12'6 to the top of AC units. When I look at other dealerships the AC units have low profiles on front units. Just looking for some insight on this as I just had to cancel the first trip being to high.
Thanks
Dan

danemayer

Re: ATF: Sundance - Trailer Height

Hi Oldtimecarp,

Congratulations on the new Sundance.

How are you set up when you measure the height at 13'8"? Is this hitched up, level ground, nose level?

Thanks for the reply. The measurement is hitched up, I have the B&W companion
With the airlift bags. Can't lower the hitch at all as it is on the lowest setting already.
I currently have 10 inches between the fifth wheel and my bed rails. So the noise is definitely high by I'd say maybe 2 inches.
Thanks Dan

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
My 2017 Sundance was showing 12'4" however when I added the bedroom AC the height jumped to 13'4", I asked during my special order if they would put on a low profile AC and Heartland could not. On my Northtrail I had the dealer change out the regular AC to a low profile and it ran an additional $500...
If I remember correctly 13'6 is the max you can run and it's hard to believe you are 13'8...did you measure while hooked up level to your truck?? I had my dealer measure my Sundance 3 time to ensure I knew the correct height..
The standard height for the second A/C should only add 11 inches to your height...

danemayer

Thanks for the reply. The measurement is hitched up, I have the B&W companion
With the airlift bags. Can't lower the hitch at all as it is on the lowest setting already.
I currently have 10 inches between the fifth wheel and my bed rails. So the noise is definitely high by I'd say maybe 2 inches.
Thanks Dan

Most people have 4-6" above the bed rails. Maybe the pin box can be adjusted.

Used to have around 7" on old unit same model. With the trail air flex air I can move the the pin box up one more set of holes but the pin box would be right on the nose. Talked to dealer they ordered a lo profile for front AC. Just find it odd heartland doesn't offer it.
dan