Going insane

Tree14

We are having same issue with satellite. Im waiting to hear how you resolve this issue. mine is a 2107 cyclone 4005.
Let me know if you find out any wiring info. I wanted to modify a little box area in the bathroom but they won't give me schematics

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
I am just going to pop on and just say I am sorry to hear your frustration,but stay here on the forum and you will have all kinds of help,
as you can see. Welcome to the forum and the Heartland family. There is a world of information here. Congratulations and safe travels.

Terri

justafordguy

Proprietary ;)
Remove a basement wall and you'll see why it is proprietary. I doubt the person/s that did the wiring could even figure out what they did and draw up a wiring schematic.

That is exactly what I was thinking, I bet there are no schematics and no two alike. :p

danemayer

I suspect when most people ask for schematics, they're actually looking for physical location drawings. A location drawing would let you know exactly where to cut a wall in order to find the wire you want.

There are engineering drawings, but there are not location drawings. My guess is that Heartland engineering doesn't want to give you a drawing that would get you into trouble.

This is an example of a schematic. It bears little relationship to the actual physical layout.
RM1350 Wiring Diagram.jpg

Tree14

Let me know if you find out any wiring info. I wanted to modify a little box area in the bathroom but they won't give me schematics

Layout...wiring diagram 😞

rocrider50

Hi Androidshrink,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Here's a link to some satellite/cable/antenna wiring diagrams. The Cyclone 2015 diagram is about 2/3 of the way down the list.

There's a good likelihood that changes have been made since this document was posted, but it'll give you an idea how the wiring runs. If you want a more current diagram, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. If you get a newer diagram, please forward it to manuals@heartlandowners.org and we'll post it for the next person to use.

To get your satellite working, the place to start is to run coax from the dish, directly to the receiver to make sure you have everything working before you try to go through the trailer wiring. If you have a Winegard Trav'ler rooftop installation using the factory pre-wiring in the roof, you'll need to add jumpers in the Universal Docking Center to connect the rooftop wiring to the rest of the coach wiring. If you have an external dish that is SWM, you'll need a Directv Power Inserter (I think the Winegard also needs one).

In the UDC, there's typically 4 coax connectors in a row for satellite. That's 2 pairs of connectors. The right-hand connector of each pair should go to the rooftop pre-wiring.

The cable/antenna connectors are usually on the same wall plate as the satellite connector, at each TV location. But on some trailers, not every TV location is wired for satellite. Another Cyclone owner can probably fill you in with more detail. One location will have a signal booster with a small button that illuminates an LED. The signal booster must be ON for antenna and must be OFF for cable TV. It's irrelevant to the satellite setup because the satellite uses different coax lines.

I see that out of your list of defects, the "canopy" is the only thing that's actually malfunctioning. You should investigate that before it gets worse.

To get service, normally you have to take the trailer back to a Heartland dealer - preferably the selling dealer. But any Heartland dealer willing to do your warranty work is ok. With prior agreement from Heartland Customer Service, you can use a mobile servicer if you don't want to drop your rig off and wait. You'll have to pay the mobile servicer's travel charge, but that's usually a bargain compared to hauling the trailer to the dealer.

Thanks for the input. I have been told several times I must shut the signal booster off. Where is the signal booster and shut off?

danemayer

Thanks for the input. I have been told several times I must shut the signal booster off. Where is the signal booster and shut off?

The signal booster is usually on a wall or ceiling plate near one of the TVs. On some coaches, it may be in the bedroom closet. There's a small push/push switch and a small LED to indicate when the booster is ON.

The booster must be ON for over the air TV. It must be OFF for cable TV. It doesn't matter when using satellite because you'll be using different wires.

rocrider50

The signal booster is usually on a wall or ceiling plate near one of the TVs. On some coaches, it may be in the bedroom closet. There's a small push/push switch and a small LED to indicate when the booster is ON.

The booster must be ON for over the air TV. It must be OFF for cable TV. It doesn't matter when using satellite because you'll be using different wires.

Ok nothing near the TV that resembles a switch. The garage TV has nothing that resembles a switch. There is nothing on the antenna rotation device. The master closet has a small plastic panel with two cable attachments and a small switch that turns a green light on and off. Is this the signal booster switch? If it is it is hidden well.

rocrider50

I need to camp next to you for a week just to pick your brain. thanks danemayer.

sdwelling

I completely empathize with you. I work for the military - and I really expected the equivalent of an Operator's or Technical Manual (TM) when I shelled out big dollars. Nothing even comes close. The only company that I know of that will share schematics freely is Winnebago ( i have poked around their web site). IMHO, the owner's manual you get is about 75 pages of CO2, propane and electrical warnings with not much useful in the way of how the SYSTEM works. If you're fortunate, you should have a ream of paper from each component manufacturer - installation instructions, operating manuals, but only for the refrigerator, toilet, radio, oven, inverter/converter, etc. I've only been playing this game for 10 years and I'm into my second rig - a cyclone 4014 from 2012. The space is great, but I have learned to expect things to break. After all, you're dragging a small house around behind you. This forum has been a godsend in times of crisis.

danemayer

I completely empathize with you. I work for the military - and I really expected the equivalent of an Operator's or Technical Manual (TM) when I shelled out big dollars. Nothing even comes close. The only company that I know of that will share schematics freely is Winnebago ( i have poked around their web site). IMHO, the owner's manual you get is about 75 pages of CO2, propane and electrical warnings with not much useful in the way of how the SYSTEM works. If you're fortunate, you should have a ream of paper from each component manufacturer - installation instructions, operating manuals, but only for the refrigerator, toilet, radio, oven, inverter/converter, etc. I've only been playing this game for 10 years and I'm into my second rig - a cyclone 4014 from 2012. The space is great, but I have learned to expect things to break. After all, you're dragging a small house around behind you. This forum has been a godsend in times of crisis.

Similar comments a few years ago spawned our current collection of owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Yes that ream would have to change every four months! Seems like they change our supplied parts, furniture and appliances that often. I know a variety of 2016 Big Counties had different features. My 2016 (Oct 2015) was different from the first run 2016 that we saw in June of 2015. And they changed some things for 2017 models, by Feb 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk