No place to wash my Big Country

D_BTravelers

We bought a Big Country 3650RL in January and I cannot find anyplace in Fort Worth Texas to wash it. Seems all of the tall self-service car washes are gone and the only place I can find is Blue Beacon truck wash, which I have to believe is pretty tough on the finish. The storage facility that we use has covered storage, but is not closed in so it gets a lot of dust on it just sitting there (especially now that they are building a new road within 100' of the trailer!) I live on a curved portion of a street, and the 5th wheel will not fit in front without blocking the street completely, so I am asking if anyone in Fort Worth knows of a place that I can take it to wash it, or a suggestion. I have a gas-powered pressure washer and have considered buying a 55 gallon drum that I could fill with water at home and just wash it where it sits. Hopefully someone locally knows of a place.

D_BTravelers

And, yes, we did stop and use Blue Beacon after a trip to the Gulf a year ago because they wash the underside also; we wanted to get the salt off of the frame. They did a good job on ours also and were very nice to deal with as well. Had to wait in a pretty long line of 18 wheelers, but not a problem. I'm just not sure their soap isn't too harsh.

- - - Updated - - -

there are rv detailers that will come to your house and do it but it's expensive.
LOL! Yes, I already looked at a couple of them. The 55 gallon drum and my pressure washer are looking like viable solutions at this time.

Aandaar

I have been using Blue Beacon for years. Have had no issues and you can't beat the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

Some of you may think I'm crazy, but I'm filling my tote with water (never been used) and taking it and my pressure washer over to my storage yard and washing it there. Will hook up the washer to the tote and will use the drain on my fresh water tank to fill bucket with the wash solution and use the pressure washer for wetting/rinsing only. I don't have many other options.

D_BTravelers

Some of you may think I'm crazy, but I'm filling my tote with water (never been used) and taking it and my pressure washer over to my storage yard and washing it there. Will hook up the washer to the tote and will use the drain on my fresh water tank to fill bucket with the wash solution and use the pressure washer for wetting/rinsing only. I don't have many other options.
Great idea...if it is unused, which mine is not. :eek: Dang. However, I have found a source for 55 gallon poly barrels with covers at $35 each. I am going to pick up one of those to use I think.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have used Blue Beacons for years on my truck and trailer. I tell them low pressure on their guns, no chemicals abd a Rain-x rinse and they look like they have been washed and waxed. Best 50 bucks I've spent.

Miller0758

I keep my unit at a storage facility as well. There is an onsite office with water and the owner lets me put the camper over and hook up my pressure washer. Perhaps an option for you?

truckmen

Great idea...if it is unused, which mine is not. :eek: Dang. However, I have found a source for 55 gallon poly barrels with covers at $35 each. I am going to pick up one of those to use I think.

Can you name your source for those those 55-gallon poly barrels. I am in the market for e few of those.

Ralph

D_BTravelers

Can you name your source for those those 55-gallon poly barrels. I am in the market for e few of those.

Ralph

I did a search on the internet and found Texas Barrel Supply in Fort Worth, and called them about a cleaned poly barrel. The man quoted me $35 for one. The internet says $25 + shipping. Probably get a better per/barrel price with multiple barrel purchase. I am going to get the "cleaned" barrel as I don't want to spray my RV with an unknown residue possibly. Website: http://www.texasbarrelsupply.com/polybarrel.shtml I have also found a source on Craig's List south of Fort Worth near Venus for food grade poly barrels @ $22 each. I am only looking at barrels with the top and bungs, not open.

D_BTravelers

truckmen

I did a search on the internet and found Texas Barrel Supply in Fort Worth, and called them about a cleaned poly barrel. The man quoted me $35 for one. The internet says $25 + shipping. Probably get a better per/barrel price with multiple barrel purchase. I am going to get the "cleaned" barrel as I don't want to spray my RV with an unknown residue possibly. Website: http://www.texasbarrelsupply.com/polybarrel.shtml I have also found a source on Craig's List south of Fort Worth near Venus for food grade poly barrels @ $22 each. I am only looking at barrels with the top and bungs, not open.

D_BTravelers

Thanks for the info. I am in Maine but haul cars around the 48 states and could load a few of these on my trailer on my way back home

Ralph

Last edited: