Little Disappointed in my RVLock

mlpeloquin

Thanks Jim, did all that tried different batteries, no joy. do not get any beeps or nothing. Due to Janinas physical condition we cannot make the trip to Goshen.
Would Rv lock send me a new board? I can do the install.

RV Lock sent me a new receiver board after I described my problem I was having since new. It was intermittent at first and eventually failed after a year and a half. They did not charge me and walked me through the process of disassembly and installation. It was not hard. I was able to repair the bad solder joint on the original board. So now I have a spare. They stand behind their locks.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim, did all that tried different batteries, no joy. do not get any beeps or nothing. Due to Janinas physical condition we cannot make the trip to Goshen.
Sorry Don but I can't answer for RV Lock on that. Do you have a U.S. shipping address?

kbausano

RV lock has been around for some time now and they are always upgrading there technology to bigger and better things. There custom service has been top notch. I'm told that when this new technology comes available that we can just purchase PCB board and install it in our older RV-locks. That's what I'll be doing soon.
I have been enjoying the heck out of all of our RV-locks for close to 1 year now and definitely love the convenience. I don't carry around the fob as much as I thought I would unless we are leave the RV to go out and about. I keep the fob in my door pouch of my truck. I'll push both of the the lock buttons and everything locks up. Entry door and all cargo doors.
It doesn't get any better than that.

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jerrod: do you have a mix of lock versions (keypad & keypad-less) on your rig, or are they all V4 versions? We're about to pop for RVLocks during their sale this weekend, and I noted a caution that the V13 locks can't be keyed to 'other' (V4) locks. I don't NEED a keypad on my storage doors, but would love key-compatibility across all my doors (as is the case with our OEM latches).

Ken

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ken I have 6 RV-LOCKS All keyed the same. 1 key will open door and all compartmnent locks.
I have never actually had to use a key yet.
I fine I use the code more then the fob.

kbausano

Ken I have 6 RV-LOCKS All keyed the same. 1 key will open door and all compartmnent locks.
I have never actually had to use a key yet.
I fine I use the code more then the fob.

My question - are your latches all the exact same models? The top-of-line are $239, the version without keypad is $159. Though I might save a little $$ on doors I don't really need a keypad on, but disappointed if they can't be keyed alike with V4's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have an early v4 and our baggage doors could not be keyed to match it, according to RV Lock. That's ok, we don't ever use the keys. I know where they are in case of emergency, but we always just use the code.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
My question - are your latches all the exact same models? The top-of-line are $239, the version without keypad is $159. Though I might save a little $$ on doors I don't really need a keypad on, but disappointed if they can't be keyed alike with V4's

Ken,

On Jerrod's baggage doors he has one mechanical lock and one keyless lock RVLock on each baggage door. He has the RVLock 4.0 on his main entry door. They all work together and all use the same keys. I am getting ready to order the same for mine taking advantage of their Memorial Day Sale. One thing you have to know is that when you hit the lock button on your key fob only your keyless locks will lock. You have to have their products either the keyless or non keyed lock in order for them to be keyed the same. I hope this answers your question.

Rod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm not sure I'd call any of them keyless. The all can be locked and unlocked with a key. All of mine are keyed alike. I have 1 key only lock and 1 Electric lock on each bagage door.
So with the push of the fob all electric locks lock one side of my compartment doors. If I want more sucurity for bad RV parks or Walmart parking lots... LOL
I can use the key and lock the other side.

kbausano

I'm not sure I'd call any of them keyless. The all can be locked and unlocked with a key. All of mine are keyed alike. I have 1 key only lock and 1 Electric lock on each bagage door.
So with the push of the fob all electric locks lock one side of my compartment doors. If I want more sucurity for bad RV parks or Walmart parking lots... LOL
I can use the key and lock the other side.

Ok - just to clarify: (lol) you're only using a V4 mechanism with keypad on the coach door? And V13 mechanisms (without keypad) replacing some of the baggage OEM mechanisms?

(Yes, all can be opened and locked via key fob or key, but only the V4 coach door can have a code entered directly on it)

RVLockSupport

Please give our customer service a call at (888) 316-9899. We'd be happy to troubleshoot with you and see what we need to do to get your keyless system working for you. Thanks

porthole

Retired
Yes, this upgrade will be available soon! We're looking at having this available in about 4 months. Thanks

Will the lock then be a new version that will show up as such on the website, 4.1 or 5.0 perhaps?

I also sent a pm through the forum here on additional questions.