Cyclone 3800 Awnings

rocrider50

I'll have to say, even with the little issues I have had to fix I really really LOVE our 2017 Cyclone 3800. One of the things that attracted us to this model was the mega slide on the entree door side with the huge windows. When the boss saw the layout it was over. Plenty of interior entertainment room, more than most except maybe the Cyclone 3611 with its double compound slide.

Unfortunately its her favorite interior feature (mega slide out) that breaks up the exterior camping experience a little too much. My old RV had no slide on the entrance side and consequentially had a large, deep awning. This model has a smaller awning that does not extend out as far. Previously we could have a major crowd under the 28 foot or so long awning. I find myself wanting to replace the front awning with one that would extend further out, or go over the slide all the way back. Anyone try such a replacement? It appears that I am limited by the height of the arms. Each arm is blocked from going longer by either a storage door or some other structure. I have not seen a multi compound arm that could solve this.

Thoughts

pjones1969

I have a 2017 3800 as well, I thought about adding an awning on the door side slide out, I haven't researched it any as it's not in the budget any time soon, seems easy enough, there is power behind the couch, I'd be ok with a rocker switch in that area as well instead of messing with routing it back to the control panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocrider50

I have a 2017 3800 as well, I thought about adding an awning on the door side slide out, I haven't researched it any as it's not in the budget any time soon, seems easy enough, there is power behind the couch, I'd be ok with a rocker switch in that area as well instead of messing with routing it back to the control panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, another 2017 3800 owner. We are the last year for the 3800, not building them any more. Mine is full of build oddities. Its a HD model, but has none of the HD options on it except the HD logo on the front. Disappointing, Heartland told me that they reserve the right to change at any time......... Would still have bought it but it came with the vacuum hoses but no vacuum system, no bed room TV,etc.

I am researching awnings and will post if I find something.