Question for 425 owners with three season doors

east2surf

I take delivery of my 2018 RW 425 on Monday and am looking at golf carts. I have a large family(four kids under 14), and want a six seat golf cart. The issue appears that, even though the garage is listed at 12ft, it appears much shorter with the three seasons doors inside. So, I gues my two questions are:

Does anyone with a 425 have a six seat golf cart that fits?

and

Has anyone removed the three seasons doors to make room for a toy?

Thanks in advance.

LBR

Not a RW 425, but our CY measurement from front garage wall to 3 season door is 10" less than what is advertised for garage lenght.....hope this helps ya some.

LBR

Thanks for the input folks! LBR, have you ever removed your 3 season doors?
No Sir...and don't plan to ever remove them. When we camp and are within the "3 seasons weather" (no rain), we drop the rear patio for the extra light and air flow.

Are you needing the extra garage length is why your asking?... just curious.

east2surf

Well, I don't know yet. I take delivery Thursday and I am asking some preemptive questions. I have four kids, and we were looking at the 6 passenger golf cart, but it is about 11.5ft. My concern is that the 3 season doors will keep me from having the larger golf cart. We can SQUEEZE into the 4 seater, but the kids won't get any smaller.....

LBR

Well, I don't know yet. I take delivery Thursday and I am asking some preemptive questions. I have four kids, and we were looking at the 6 passenger golf cart, but it is about 11.5ft. My concern is that the 3 season doors will keep me from having the larger golf cart. We can SQUEEZE into the 4 seater, but the kids won't get any smaller.....
Not sure, but POSSIBLY you could drive cart in perfectly centered and leave the 2 center doors in the open position and, depending on width of golf cart, have that area open clear to the rail system?

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I was hoping someone would post their experience with removing the 3 season doors. They have to come off (and the deck fence) on our Cyclone 4150 to get the Harley and the golf cart in at the same time.
Surely I won't be the first to remove them??????????

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
For anyone contemplating taking down the deck fencing and/or the 3 season doors....the whole job took less than 15 minutes! Two screws each at top and bottom pivot points and 3 along the sides of the doors and 4 hex nuts on either side of the ramp door frame to take the fences down. The fences are a bit heavier but the whole job can be accomplished without assistance.

east2surf

For anyone contemplating taking down the deck fencing and/or the 3 season doors....the whole job took less than 15 minutes! Two screws each at top and bottom pivot points and 3 along the sides of the doors and 4 hex nuts on either side of the ramp door frame to take the fences down. The fences are a bit heavier but the whole job can be accomplished without assistance.

That's a relief. I have three options now:

1. Get the six-seater and remover the back platform each time I load it so it will fit.

2. Get the six-seater and remove the deck fencing and possibly the three season doors. Considering we have yet to find a spot big enough to even use our back deck, it may be a non-issue long term.

3. Get the four-seater and just make due, but kids get bigger each year instead of smaller, for some reason.