Landmark Oakmont

holstin

I see they are coming out with a new landmark called the oakmont. They have pictures of hte interior on the Heartland web page but doesnt seem to be any specs or actual floor plan layout yet.

Tis lloks nice with the seperate living room all inclosed. I was all set to actually order my Augusta in the next 2 weeks but now I am going to hold out for more info to be available on he oakmont before making my final decision.

Any idea when more info will be available about thisnew floor plan.

driver311

by the pictures the exit door is on the wrong side????????????????????????????????????????????

driver311NoneNone

Tom of Ypsi

We do not understand the door either buy my DW (Judy) thought that since the windows in the bedroom are small the door might be for a fire escape. Any other guesses?????

jpmorgan37

I believe that the door is on the right side between the refrigerator and the living room. It looks to be in the middle of the living area rather than the conventional location toward the front of the living area, but it is on the right side. This is from the preliminary floor plan that I saw.

John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This looks like the unit that Camping World sent down to the Branson rally. The door that is in the pictures is one of two. It is the back door. It has five slides. Two in the living room, two in the bedroom and one in the dinette That coach is awsome. A must see. Tom, didn't you get a chance to go see it at the Branson KOA?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
This looks like the unit that Camping World sent down to the Branson rally. The door that is in the pictures is one of two. It is the back door. It has five slides. Two in the living room, two in the bedroom and one in the dinette That coach is awsome. A must see. Tom, didn't you get a chance to go see it at the Branson KOA?

You are right, this was the one they had in Branson. It was the first one built they told us, very different floorplan . We was also surpised to see the 2 doors ,something you don't see in 5th wheels....Kenny

jbeletti

Oakmont Floorplan

Hi all,

I hardly need to post here anymore. So many sharp forum members have all the answers - thanks :D

Yep - 2 doors in this unit. I have attached the "initial" floorplan. Improvements have been made since unit 1 was made. The website is going through a major update. I believe it will be rolled out on 1-Sept. We should see the current floorplan of the Oakmont then.

Jim

Attachments

• Oakmont Floorplan.jpg
    Oakmont Floorplan.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 165

Tom of Ypsi

Dave & Mary (Cookie).

Yes I did go through the one at the Branson rally and quite extensively. We came close to a trade in, talked to Buffy (CW salesperson) several times but decide to upgrade what we have. There are some things that we have on our 05 Landmark that I really love that are now deleted on the new Landmarks that I do not like and will not go to a newer one just for a little more glitz and glamour. The door in question is on the street side right at the bottom of the steps to the bedroom. This is why the guess was made about a fire escape. If you also notice this door is across from the range, maybe a shortcut to get out in case of grease fire or the DW burnt dinner the way one likes it. All in all it is a nice floor plan but not for us just yet.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
:confused:They gotta stop this... how do they expect us to make a choice if they keep coming out with new (and great) floorplans before we are ready to buy??????:D (yeah I know...get off the dime, retire and buy the Landmark of our choosing now ;))

holstin

Full Timing

I agree. I just hope the Oakmont isnt a major difference in specs since I have already ordered my F450 for towing the Augusta I was getting ready to order. Now I like the Oakmont better and hope it will still fit within specs. Only time will tell. I cant full time anyway until the house sells so I still have time to wait.

Oakmont Pics

Hello, I am a potential Landmark customer...I live in Columbus, Ohio and I went to see them at a local dealer in Springfield, Ohio...I fell in love with the Landmark...they only had the Cape Cod...but got to finally see one in person...have been drooling over the internet for a while...in searching around I came across the Oakmont at... rvstobuy.com...then comes up Great Escapes Rv Center in Gamaliel AR. it is #61...I love it...I also love the Pinehurst, it's #62. They have 60 pics of each one of these 5er's...I am looking to sell house within the next year and full time. I have a 2006 Cardinal 29RKLE...I have loved it, but not for extended uses. I am a member of RV.Net Open Roads Forum. I have found some very good advise and fun there. I hope to here as well. I am looking for any feedback on the Pinehurst, as that was my number one choice until I saw the Oakmont...so now I have to choose. Thank You, Sincerely, Gary

jbeletti

Hi bigdadgary,

Wow you are all over the map with Landmarks :)

I can tell you about the Pinehurst as I have one - if you have specific questions about it. But let me give my 2 cents on how I see the Landmark floor plans by pointing out some key items in each:

Cape Cod: Smaller kitchen, desk, back side (off door side) aisle to bedroom, no sight line into bedroom from lower level, all-in-one bathroom.

Pinehurst: Larger kitchen, free-standing island, no desk, center aisle to bedroom, split bathroom.

Augusta: Huge kitchen, connected L-shaped island, desk, right side (door side) aisle to bedroom, all-in-one bathroom

Oakmont: Smaller kitchen, separate living room, rear entertainment with a back window, back side (off door side) aisle to bedroom, 5th slide contains wall of dressers and TV, all-in-one bathroom, second door on off-door side in middle of trailer

Hi, Jim...Thanks for that overview of the different floorplans...Yes, I have been all over the internet looking and went to my local RV dealer and saw the Cape Cod...Glad to be here and looking forward to learning and researching more...Gary

I will be asking a lot of questions...have to go for now...Soccer games to see.

cjbearden

Visitor
Where's the Storage?

Sorry to be the wet blanket in the crowd! Saw the Oakmont today at Camper Clinic in Rockport, TX. Disappointed at the continued loss of inside storage in what is supposed to be HL's top of the line. We lost storage when we moved from the BH 3400RL to the Augusta. The Oakmont has even less and no place to sit kitties' litter box, etc.

Loss of dresser top in bedroom. Drawers that are in the slide are very short. Bedroom is dark with loss of the exit window. DH is 6'3" - the Oakmont's bedroom height is maybe 6' and and I am 5'6" and felt claustrophobic!

Recliners in the slide are a bit snug together. Nice retractable TV but lose storage in upper cabinet. No desk??????? No overhead cabinets over sofa or recliners or dining table. 14 CF fridge eats up valuable pantry room so no pantry.

Concept is great, proportions are not. I know the more wood, the more weight; but, honestly, what do FTer's do for 'all their stuff'?

After seeing the Oakmont, we are happy with our Augusta. Just wish Dometic could get the 14CF refrigerator right. Too many repairs/replacements. Jim, you made the right decision sticking with the smaller size fridge. Wish we had. Water in the door and ice maker are not worth the cost. Water in the door is constant clean up job because it doesn't shut off like normal house fridge's do.

That's my sour note for the day. The Oakmont may totally fit someone else's plan but not ours.

C.J.:(

ChopperBill

Second the Dometic fridges. Our 6 foot Norcold, in the TC, seems to have more room than our 8 foot Dometic. Can put ice trays in the Norcold the normal way. Have to put them side ways in the Dometic.

jbeletti

Hi CJ and JD,

Thank you for your review of the Oakmont.

I have the 9 cu ft refer and am pleased with it. Sorry to hear so many are having issues with the 14 cu ft model.

While the Oakmont is for those that want or need the livingroom separated from the rest of the coach it is not everyone's cup of tea for sure. Similar to the split bath in my Pinehurst. We love it this way but so many more people like the all-in-one bath.

That all said, I spoke to the factory today and the Oakmont is really starting to take off. We ran a bunch of them last week. I'll be at the plant on Tuesday and see what we are running this week.

If anyone is in Elkhart or Goshen this week - give me a call. I am staying at the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds in Goshen through 8/18.

Jim

Jim

chester

I personally like the street side door. You can get to the bathroom when the unit is all closed up. Chester,

bowser66

We just drove from Illinois to Rich and Sons RV in Nebraska to specifically look at the Landmark Oakmont that they had on the lot. My DW has been wanting a new 5th wheel with two doors. The oakmont fits the bill. We checked it out, liked it, and bit the bullet. We bought the Oakmont, added a few options and will pick it up in a couple of weeks. Our last 5th wheel was a Carriage Cameo FCK3 LXI and we have been happy with it. We have had it for 8 years with very few problems. The Oakmont was much nicer and so we are going for it. We really like the floor plan and how nice it looks. I know we will have minor problems with it, as with all RV's, but we are looking forward to taking delivery and doing a shakedown trip.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratulations. The Oakmont is a very nice unit. We know you will enjoy it. BTW welcome to the Heartland forum.