On the way

We have left Houston and are traveling up to Elkhart Indiana to pick up our 2009 Big Horn 3580. We are excited and can't wait to see our's in person. Right now we have stopped to spend the night in Marshall Texas. We were a little worried that we would not be able to quickly get out of the Houston area with Tropical Stom Edouard making land fall just a little East of us. But it was not as bad as many thought it might be and we made good time getting from Houston to Marshall. Tomorrow with an early start, we plan to make it most of the way to Elkhart. We plan on visiting the RV museum and whatever else we can find. We take deleverly on Friday morning at 9 AM. If anyone has any suggestions let us know. Our first time traveling in this part of the country. Our own RV. NO MORE CABINS FOR US. YEPPIE.

osims

bsims
Congrats on the new Bighorn. Maybe you can make the Houston rally in Oct. We have really enjoyed meeting everybody with the same interest.

cjbearden

Visitor
Welcome to the HL Family! Hope you can make the Houston Rally in October, you will love this great group of folks. Congrads on the new BH and best wishes for many happy travels. Recommend that you stay in Elkhart for several days to really check over your rig before you head back to Texas.

If you stay at Elkhart Campground, the office will have plenty of brochures for all the local things to see and do. Just take a drive in the countryside between the small communities, see the horse drawn buggies in action and shop some of the Amish shops. http://www.amishcountry.org/things.to.do/ Check out this brochure for the various communities surrounding Elkhart.

God Bless and Travel Safe.
C.J. and J.D.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
While in Elkhart go to the Visitors Center just north of the turnpike. There you can pick up a CD that you can play in your vehicle. The CD is a driving tour of the area and if you follow it, it will take about 4 hours. By following the CD it will take you by all of the interesting sights and also into the countryside. Watch out for the Amish buggies and bicycles you will see driving all over the area. Be sure and stop and eat at Das Essenhaus in Middlebury. Go there hungry as the food and deserts are second to none. I would drive from Texas to Elkart just to eat there. Oh and by the way, welcome to the Heartland family and look forward to seeing you at the October Houston Heartland Rally at Rayford Crossing in The Woodlands, Tx.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Congratulations on you new Bighorn! I am sure you will love it.
Wayne

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the Heartland family. The 3580 is my favorite floor plan. Hope to see you at the Houston rally in October. It's a great time and you'll get to meet other Heartland owners and get loads of information. Travel Safe!

jbeletti

fljlcw,

Great to hear. I was giving a tour this afternoon and noticed 5 or more 3580s in a row going down the line. Popular unit!

Jim