Where have you found leaks?

Islanders

We are in a terrible situation, we have taken our Terry on two trips and the roof and siding began to come lose. I posted two pics in a different response. We took our Terry to the dealer two weeks ago and they just contacted us today and told us that they contacted Terry and that our leaks are only warranted for three months, we bought our Terry in July AND that all the repair work they are doing we are responsible for paying for. Has anyone else had this same problem with Terry? We are feeling so betrayed by Terry.We bought this in good faith, paid cash for it for our retirement, so we could travel, now we have a $20,00000 ball ad chain hanging around our neck. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Thank you,

Amy Russell
russellelectric@rockislandcom

danemayer

We are in a terrible situation, we have taken our Terry on two trips and the roof and siding began to come lose. I posted two pics in a different response. We took our Terry to the dealer two weeks ago and they just contacted us today and told us that they contacted Terry and that our leaks are only warranted for three months, we bought our Terry in July AND that all the repair work they are doing we are responsible for paying for. Has anyone else had this same problem with Terry? We are feeling so betrayed by Terry.We bought this in good faith, paid cash for it for our retirement, so we could travel, now we have a $20,00000 ball ad chain hanging around our neck. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Thank you,

Amy Russell
russellelectric@rockislandcom
Hi Amy,

The 3 month limitation has to do with minor maintenance to caulking. The dealer probably didn't explain the situation to Heartland correctly. If you have pictures showing the roof and siding coming loose, I'd suggest you directly call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

BobbyandGenee

Yes Amy Dan is 100 percent correct. He is the one who gave me this info when we started having issues. As you have seen with my posts, we already went through this. These are manufacturers issues they will fix. Remember that my dealer See Grins has already done this. Not sure if that will help, but it’s still something you have as a tool. I wish I could come handle this for you myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islanders

Hi Amy,

The 3 month limitation has to do with minor maintenance to caulking. The dealer probably didn't explain the situation to Heartland correctly. If you have pictures showing the roof and siding coming loose, I'd suggest you directly call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Thank you so very much Dan, by the time we got the message, Heartland was closed for the day, I will call tomorrow.

Thank you for your help and support.

Amy and Bruce Russell

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Amy Dan is 100 percent correct. He is the one who gave me this info when we started having issues. As you have seen with my posts, we already went through this. These are manufacturers issues they will fix. Remember that my dealer See Grins has already done this. Not sure if that will help, but it’s still something you have as a tool. I wish I could come handle this for you myself!

Awwww...thank you Robert. :) I wish you could too.

Islanders

Hi Amy,

We are in the battle of our lives here. The dealer has been deceptive, has told us multiple falsehoods and has threatened us. Heartland has denied the repairs stating that they are maintenance issues and that were past the 90 days. Even though when we discovered the detaching roof and detaching siding and called the dealer it was still within the 90 day window, it just took a few weeks for the dealer to give us an appointment. We feel defeated and betrayed.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are in the battle of our lives here. The dealer has been deceptive, has told us multiple falsehoods and has threatened us. Heartland has denied the repairs stating that they are maintenance issues and that were past the 90 days. Even though when we discovered the detaching roof and detaching siding and called the dealer it was still within the 90 day window, it just took a few weeks for the dealer to give us an appointment. We feel defeated and betrayed.

You need to call Heartland directly and then ask to escalate the call above whomever answered the customer service phone number.

And if you get nowhere with that person . . . ask to escalate the call again.

This kind of stuff is why I believe that all RV's should have at least a three year warranty as you can't always find the problems in the short one year warranty period.

HINT:

Don't by an RV at the end of the camping season (ie.- end of season closeouts) if you are in a climate where the RV will sit all winter as you are wasting half of your warranty just having it sitting in storage for the winter!

Been there . . . lived it . . . done that!

Islanders

Hi Amy,

Update: Heartland denied our claim until the very end. Isent pictures of the detaching roof, the screws that popped their heads and thedetaching siding on November 9 to Heartland…but until the very end the man Ispoke with said that it was beyond the 90 day limitation and basically…toughluck.
But…there is a bright light at the end of this month longand very dark tunnel. In sheer desperation, having exhausted all other avenues…Icalled the salesman who sold us our Terry and he authorized the repairs.

We picked our Terry up on Saturday and all the work was doneand everything looked great.
Now, will we ever buy another Terry? We were planning onbuying the new one with the kitchen in the front coming out this spring…butafter the horrendous customer service and support we are more than a bit gunshy.

Thank you all again for your support and advice, when I toldthe man at Heartland about the Terry Owners Forum, he told me… “that is a groupfor trouble makers like you to go and get people inflamed.”
This group has been a lifeline for us, thank you, Amy

BobbyandGenee

That is not very professional for that comment from the Heartland person, especially since the Heartland Owners Club is a part of the Heartland Web Page. After we get back I am going to make some follow up calls about this entire situation.....in regards to Heartland policies in general. Obviously your experience was 180 degrees different then our experience....and that should not be the case (in my opinion)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
That is not very professional for that comment from the Heartland person, especially since the Heartland Owners Club is a part of the Heartland Web Page. After we get back I am going to make some follow up calls about this entire situation.....in regards to Heartland policies in general. Obviously your experience was 180 degrees different then our experience....and that should not be the case (in my opinion)

I agree about the comments regarding the forum, unprofessional the Heartland employee. This Owners Forum is directly supported by Heartland. Maybe he misunderstood what you were talking about, or maybe he is not educated about the Owners Forum. The Heartland Owners Club, which is comprised of Forum members, has a very good rapport with the other GMs at Heartland, as well as Coley Brady, VP of Sales.

Furious10

We picked our Terry up on Saturday and all the work was doneand everything looked great.
Now, will we ever buy another Terry? We were planning onbuying the new one with the kitchen in the front coming out this spring…butafter the horrendous customer service and support we are more than a bit gunshy.

Wow! Seriously unprofessional. Someone needs to pursue this.
We like our Terry and have had some issues...like all trailers. We had been waiting 7 months for a replacement sconce light and screws. Spoke to our dealership, spoke to the repair man and spoke (and wrote) to the Heartland Terry division manager: I was assured by every one of them that it would be taken care of. Nothing, until our dealership got a new parts girl who is on-the-job. We spoke to her, sent pictures and had our sconce in 1 week. Sometimes it's the person you deal with. The problem is knowing which person that is :confused:. We were told, though, to source the broken screws locally. I'll go to Fastenall for them.

BobbyandGenee

Keep in mind this post is primarily revolving around Terry’s that were in the first 12-18 made in February 2017. Although there is always a small chance of seal failure on any RV, the issues on the first run models were “learning curve” issues.

If you have a good dealer (like i did) any issue that comes up will be rectified under warranty. But issues are not common.

Furious10

Alucard:
None of the "newer" Terry owners have reported this issue; at least not on FB or this forum. Like Bobby wrote, it is the first owners that were the learning curve.

Alucard

Thanks. Hopefully mine will be relatively issue free. I'm not handy w tools so won't be able to fix much. I am a lawyer tho so if my dealer isn't as forthright as I've seen some...it may get fun. 😎

BobbyandGenee

This might be a good heads up to talk to your dealer about the issue before you buy.

Pulling an rv down the road is like pulling a 6.0+ earthquake behind all the time. So every rv will always have minor maintenance issues at some point.

I always recommend to people that they plan at least a weekend trip close to home but far enough away to get some road miles as soon as they pick up those rv. You learn a lot that first trip, and being close to home gives you the security of knowing help is close just in case.

We have responded to many requests in people’s first outings for lots of things that got over looked through walk thrus. Some as simple as how the water heater works! So make sure when you get your unit you download the rv checklist for walk thrus. It will help you get the info you need while you are there.

And as always the Terry Classic Group on Facebook is always a great source of knowledge in addition to these feeds.

Make sure you like the Terry Classic by Heartland page the. Ask to be a member of the group attached to the page!

WE found leaks/water coming between the refrigerator and the couch. And in the back wall between the sink and the closet. It was consistent. Still believe it was partial roof issue. Water had to be mopped up everyday it rained here. I would never own this unit again!

Rugbyduck

Keep in mind this post is primarily revolving around Terry’s that were in the first 12-18 made in February 2017. Although there is always a small chance of seal failure on any RV, the issues on the first run models were “learning curve” issues.

If you have a good dealer (like i did) any issue that comes up will be rectified under warranty. But issues are not common.

Any idea as to the most problematic VIN's?:confused: