New to me Cyclone 4100HD Modification Thread

fastcarsspeed

Figured I would centralize my modification to the RV in one place. We purchased this with the understanding that it need a little work as the previous owner had a mishap with a shower valve. I tried to bandaid it until the end of season so we could start using the camper immediately. Upon further inspection we determined that was not the best scenario. I have been working the past 2 weeks to fix everything needed for our planned trips this season and also to make sure it is in proper working order. The plan is for us to full time in this in 2 years once out youngest graduates HS. We will move to FL and live in her for 6 months to a year until we figure out where we like best.

1. Replaced the burn't out led strip in the front awning.

IMG_20170514_194450-L.jpg

2. Fix soft floor in around the entry way and entertainment center. This was a decent amount of work but has come out very nice. More Pics here of the progress.

IMG_20170517_172639-L.jpg

3. Replaced broken Main tv with a new 50" 4K RCA LED TV and also installed a new swivel mount so we can adjust the tv to a better angle.
4. Fixed Fantastic Fan switch where the wires had come loose.
5. Fixed Master Bedroom door frame to allow the door to close properly.
6. Fixed Master Bedroom Bathroom sliding door where the door started coming loose.
7. Upgrading all bulbs in camper to LED.

I am sure more to come as we figure out things.

fastcarsspeed

Wanted to add some photos of my new TV and Mount. I had just enough clearance to allow the slide to come in without hitting anything. I will need to come up with a strap to make sure the tv does not move when driving.

IMG_20170523_125636-X2.jpg

IMG_20170523_125625-X2.jpg

IMG_20170523_125608-X2.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great mods and repairs! Thank you for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastcarsspeed

Well was trying to not have to do this mod quickly and more like a repair at this point. 6 New Carlisle Load F rating tires on their way. I already had one Carlisle that the previous owner put on and it is not that old. I am going to move that to the spare and get these Blowmax tires out of here. Also are the snap pads really that good and worth the cost for 6 of them?

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_084416.jpg
    IMG_20170620_084416.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20170620_084425.jpg
    IMG_20170620_084425.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 81

TxRoadWarrior362

Well was trying to not have to do this mod quickly and more like a repair at this point. 6 New Carlisle Load F rating tires on their way. I already had one Carlisle that the previous owner put on and it is not that old. I am going to move that to the spare and get these Blowmax tires out of here. Also are the snap pads really that good and worth the cost for 6 of them?

Yes on the Snap Pads. Worth every penny.

Bob.jr

I can second that. Should be be a standard item. You will never want to be without them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

fastcarsspeed

Thanks. I think that will be next on my list. I have the following items on my list of wants.

1. snap pads
2. TPMS System
3. create storage shelves in the pantry.
4. bluetooth stereo
5. Upgrade to the newer furrion cooktop and oven.
6. Better Battery setup. (Even though we typically are in a campground I want a battery or batteries that are going to last longer than a year or two. )

I am sure I will be adding to the list as we go lol.

fastcarsspeed

Well after the Blowmax experience we ended up getting new tires for the beast. Carlisle Radial Trail HD Trailer Tire - ST235/85R16. These are a Load F tire and have a 95 psi max pressure with a load of 3960. I have had Carlisles in the past and these are getting good ratings and the costs were better along with the fact of Amazon Prime. Note this is better with two people instead of one lol. My dad was down and he helped me remove the wheels and tires to take up to the shop but alas he went back home yesterday so I put them on this morning. What a bear with insane humidity here today. But she is now ready for our trip this week.

Attachments

• IMG_20170630_150514.jpg
    IMG_20170630_150514.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20170630_150517.jpg
    IMG_20170630_150517.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20170702_093230.jpg
    IMG_20170702_093230.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20170702_093257.jpg
    IMG_20170702_093257.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20170702_112116.jpg
    IMG_20170702_112116.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20170620_084425.jpg
    IMG_20170620_084425.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 63

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Thanks. I think that will be next on my list. I have the following items on my list of wants.

1. snap pads
2. TPMS System
4. bluetooth stereo
6. Better Battery setup. (Even though we typically are in a campground I want a battery or batteries that are going to last longer than a year or two. )

One thing to consider. I also added a bluetooth stereo. (I still dont understand why they would put a stereo in the garage that you cant listen to in the main living area.). About a month later I also ended up replacing the a/v receiver because the RCA receiver that came with the RV was junk. The receiver I bought had an AM/FM buletooth stereo built in and I was able to use the surround speakers and subwoofer. It sounds awesome. Now Im stuck with a $150.00 car stereo and no use for it. Just something to think about.

fastcarsspeed

Very good points. I am not happy with the DVD A/V receiver in the the bar that is hooked to the surround sound and now way to hook it to my new TV I installed the way I want to. Also didn't like that they could not put a switch on the Radio in the Garage like my outback had to control the outside speakers. I have not added that to the list yet because I am going to do a complete overhaul of the system here soon. I also have that weird cubby next to the fireplace with no shelving. Love the camper but have some mods that need to be made to get it livable for full time.

Flooringit

1. snap pads
2. TPMS System
4. bluetooth stereo

One thing to consider. I also added a bluetooth stereo. (I still dont understand why they would put a stereo in the garage that you cant listen to in the main living area.). About a month later I also ended up replacing the a/v receiver because the RCA receiver that came with the RV was junk. The receiver I bought had an AM/FM buletooth stereo built in and I was able to use the surround speakers and subwoofer. It sounds awesome. Now Im stuck with a $150.00 car stereo and no use for it. Just something to think about.
Could you say what kind of stereo you bought?

fastcarsspeed

So picked up a set of SnapPads and also got a killer deal on an open box set of the new Lippert SolidSteps. Figured we wanted them anyway for the main entry door. Now I just need to hope that the stairs are not in the way otherwise I will be modifying our bedroom stairs.