Glowstep Drops

kbbagshaw

Love my glowsteps! I am having an issue that every once in a while, the top step drops after stepping on it when first deployed. Doesn't do it all the time and I cannot determine what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
Kevin

Mrsfish

Love my glowsteps! I am having an issue that every once in a while, the top step drops after stepping on it when first deployed. Doesn't do it all the time and I cannot determine what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
Kevin

not seated in the top(inner) bracket. If you are seated correctly, the holes that the safety pin sit in are lined up

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
not seated in the top(inner) bracket. If you are seated correctly, the holes that the safety pin sit in are lined up

This is correct. The top step has three positions. They take some getting used to, to locate them. I pull the steps out, then go to the top step. Lift the lever with one hand, and adjust the top step till the lever can move down easily and "clunks" into one of positions I want it to be (top, middle or bottom). When it seats, the lever should be all the way down and the holes line up for the bail pin. If they don't, the top step is not secure, and still needs to move to the correct setting. Sometimes this takes about 15-30 seconds to get it right. The more often you deploy the steps, the more intuitive this becomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I moved the locking pin from the left side of the steps to the right side as it was so close to the yellow side light that I kept skinning my knuckles on the light when deploying or putting the steps up.

This shot was before I moved the pin:
ProwlerGlowStep6-P3160590.jpg

Domi

I have had this happen a couple of times when I did not have the locking pin in yet. That has always been the issue for me.

John