EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Port Aransas - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

With just 56 days left until the 1st official day of the rally I thought I'd give y'all an idea of just a few of the things to do in and around the Port Aransas area. Click the image below for a PDF list.
View attachment Things to Do.pdf

pegmikef

Reservations Made. Arrive 03 Oct, depart 09 Oct 2017.

2 Large Ts please.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Reservations Made. Arrive 03 Oct, depart 09 Oct 2017.

2 Large Ts please.

I've updated the attendee list to reflect your reservation dates, Mike!

Michael is 'in charge' of the shirt order so I'll let him deal with that! ;)

pegmikef

I've updated the attendee list to reflect your reservation dates, Mike!

Michael is 'in charge' of the shirt order so I'll let him deal with that! ;)

Thanks Kelly

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I just called the ferry service and was told that they will accept trailers that are no longer than 80' in total length, less than 13'6" tall, less than 80,000 pounds and that all propane MUST be secured while on the vessel.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Thanks Jay. We have elected to just go the other way. But I know many will use the fairy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

We've been across ferry several times while towing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

We've been across ferry several times while towing

We used the ferry this past winter. Piece of cake. They loaded us right beside a loaded concrete truck that went on before us. Talk about using up the ferry's draft

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

Only time the ferry is an issue for RV's is really, really low tides. They will alert you (there's a sign just outside of Aransas Pass) that RV's and trucks are currently not being accepted, so you've got plenty of time to turn around to go around through Corpus (which from Aransas Pass is about 56 miles to Pioneer vs. 12 via the Ferry) or there's an area to sit and wait it out close to the ferry.

LBallard

Lin will play golf.

pegmikef

I haven't been down that way for a few years and will be coming in from La Grange. Is there a problem with just taking US-77 to I-37 to SR-358 and then take the JFK Causeway (P22) over? It's a little over 20 miles longer, but it by passes Corpus Christi, and you don't have to screw with or wait for the ferry. This is basically the way we would go pulling our boats from San Angelo, via San Antonio when we used to fish that area. Only cluster we ran into was the San Antonio area.

2psnapod1

I haven't been down that way for a few years and will be coming in from La Grange. Is there a problem with just taking US-77 to I-37 to SR-358 and then take the JFK Causeway (P22) over? It's a little over 20 miles longer, but it by passes Corpus Christi, and you don't have to screw with or wait for the ferry. This is basically the way we would go pulling our boats from San Angelo, via San Antonio when we used to fish that area. Only cluster we ran into was the San Antonio area.

Hey Mike, That's the way we plan to travel as well...don't wanna deal with having to wait for the ferry and I guess I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to taking our entire home onto the water. LOL

LBallard

Put Lin Ballard down for xxl and L t-shirts.

HornedToad

I wish I could go... but In October DW is too busy with her Parade of Homes. I took my bucket list trip to the beach in Port A 4th of July and can't wait to go back.

This may have been addressed already but I didn't read all 80 post. The OP list golf carts as a ?

Don't bring an unlicensed cart because you'll only be able to drive it in the resort. Licensed Golf carts are street legal in Port A, with the beach being considered a street and there are over a dozen rental places. They are kinda pricey @ over $100 a day but are the best way to enjoy cruising the town & beach. You cannot drive them on the Highway the resort is located on, but not to worry... their boardwalk is golf cart friendly and you can take the beach back into town.

Our trip to Port A rates as one of the best we've taken in the trailer. Enjoy!!!

5a5f3cb169674a027d8577bb0bab0536.jpg
299be7f3f594fa68034dee9e64847722.jpg

2psnapod1

Thanks for the Intel, Mike! I wasn't sure about golf carts and had forgotten to ask the office staff when I spoke with them.

I wish I could go... but In October DW is too busy with her Parade of Homes. I took my bucket list trip to the beach in Port A 4th of July and can't wait to go back.

This may have been addressed already but I didn't read all 80 post. The OP list golf carts as a ?

Don't bring an unlicensed cart because you'll only be able to drive it in the resort. Licensed Golf carts are street legal in Port A, with the beach being considered a street and there are over a dozen rental places. They are kinda pricey @ over $100 a day but are the best way to enjoy cruising the town & beach. You cannot drive them on the Highway the resort is located on, but not to worry... their boardwalk is golf cart friendly and you can take the beach back into town.

Our trip to Port A rates as one of the best we've taken in the trailer. Enjoy!!!

5a5f3cb169674a027d8577bb0bab0536.jpg
299be7f3f594fa68034dee9e64847722.jpg

2psnapod1

Just a reminder: We are still working on rally T-shirts. We've gotten most everyone's requests but have a few outstanding. Even if you do NOT want shirts (which is totally fine) let us know so that we know that you have just not been overlooked.

Also, if you did put in a request for shirts, check the list below to ensure that we have the correct sizes listed. These are Men's t-shirts, so please keep that in mind when sizing.

Please be sure to have your sizes to us No Later Than August 20th so that we can get the order finalized in plenty of time to receive them for the rally.

Here is the list we have so far:

Michael & Kelly Barnett - XL & 2XL
Jay & Stella Coffman - 2 XL
William Brown - 1 Large
George Speir - XL
Mike & Peg Finnegan - 2 Large
Don & Vicky Smith - 1 XL & 1 3XL
Keith & Betty Orlopp - 1 L & 1 2XL
Tom & Linda Black - 2 Large
Frank & Debbie - 2 XL
Ted & Dee Davis - 1 Large & 1 XL
Andy & Joanna Grimes - 1 2 XL & 1 3XL
Edward & Susan Potts - 1 M & 1 2XL
Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson - 1 Medium - 1 XL
Bob & Connie Sims - 1 Small & 1 XL
Orville & Barbara Wright - 1 Medium & 1 3 XL
Corbin & Flora Tayloe - 1 XL
Paul & Nancy Lineen - No shirts
Larry & Mary Ann Oberbeck - 1 M & 1 XL
Lin & Debbie Ballard - 1 Large & 1 2XL
Auguie & Cheryl Henry - 1 Large & 3 XL

Larry & Gayle Kuykendall - 1 L & 1 2XL

Joe & Anne Maxwell - 1 Large & 1 2XL

Elend & Kim Toten - Waiting to hear

Last edited:

jassson007

Thanks for the Intel, Mike! I wasn't sure about golf carts and had forgotten to ask the office staff when I spoke with them.

According to park website rules they don't allow rental carts into the park. Only allow ones owned by person renting site.

Cage427

T-shirt sizes. L and 2XL

2psnapod1

According to park website rules they don't allow rental carts into the park. Only allow ones owned by person renting site.

Good to know but also worth a call to the office for anyone that might be considering renting a golf cart. Things change often and sometimes websites aren't updated accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

T-shirt sizes. L and 2XL

Thank you! I've updated the listing to reflect your sizing choices!

jassson007

Good to know but also worth a call to the office for anyone that might be considering renting a golf cart. Things change often and sometimes websites aren't updated accordingly.

I agree just going by what I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.