EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Port Aransas - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Looks like an ice cream machine but I guess it could be a margarita dispenser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...I thought it looked like an ice cream machine...but wasn't sure.

esscobra

its margarita machine- sorry no soft serve

'Lil Guy'

Don't need no pinche soft serve at the Tiki Bar.;lol
I think that bad boy will produce frozen Margaritas. I'm glad you like the sound of both the Tiki bar and the Breakfast Extravaganza cause they will happen. The breakfast is done Friday morning. All the bacon and sausage you can eat. Others bring side dishes such as fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, juice, fruit, eggs, grits, etc........ It's always good. Either at the club house or at our trailer. The last few weeks before the rally people can volunteer their dishes. That is if it's OK with the chapter leaders. Won't cost the chapter a thing. Always been a great way to meet the attendees Friday morning. Looking forward to the rally and meeting everyone. Ted, you're helping with the meat. See you at 6:00 AM Friday morning.

Pokiejoe

I think that bad boy will produce frozen Margaritas. I'm glad you like the sound of both the Tiki bar and the Breakfast Extravaganza cause they will happen. The breakfast is done Friday morning. All the bacon and sausage you can eat. Others bring side dishes such as fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, juice, fruit, eggs, grits, etc........ It's always good. Either at the club house or at our trailer. The last few weeks before the rally people can volunteer their dishes. That is if it's OK with the chapter leaders. Won't cost the chapter a thing. Always been a great way to meet the attendees Friday morning. Looking forward to the rally and meeting everyone. Ted, you're helping with the meat. See you at 6:00 AM Friday morning.

Frank, we will be glad to bring something for the breakfast extravaganza. It's always a great thing. Looking forward to seeing you guys again in a few months.

Don and Vicky Smith

Ted_Dee

Now this is getting exciting. We can't wait to be there. Frank, I will be there at 5:55am with bells on. I might even through on a pair of underwear.

Chippendale

Now this is getting exciting. We can't wait to be there. Frank, I will be there at 5:55am with bells on. I might even through on a pair of underwear.

Ted it will be bad enough with Frank cooking with his 385 lbs ozzing over the top of his Speedo, but if you are cooking in your underwear, everyone will skip breakfast and stay in their trailer's Friday morning for sure.

'Lil Guy'

George, I'll cover up with my new 'Lil Guy' apron Elaine Poole made for me. Just stand in front of me and not in the rear.lol On a completely opposite note, Ted's so skinny he uses suspenders to hold up his shorts. I can't believe how much he eats and doesn't gain weight.

2psnapod1

:eek: Oh my! Y'all are making me wonder what Michael has gotten me into with this Chapter Leader gig! LOL But...I'm still game...who couldn't be when we're talkin' Margarita's and breakfast? Thankfully, I have 3+ months to figure out what to bring for breakfast!

'Lil Guy'

These two items will be the most painless ordeal you'll ever go thru. Once we choose a location(trailer site/meeting hall), I'll set up enough cookers and supply enough bacon and sausage for everyone. From then on, it's just small side dishes. I've seen the microwavable pancakes, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes (which I'm expecting) biscuits, gravy butter and jelly, cheesy grits, etc.........Keep it simple and it always has turned out great. Also another way to meet everyone early. Oh yea, coffee for the cooks and group. Looking forward to this rally and the one prior in Tyler. See everyone there.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired

Reservation made for Dave Seabolt & Nancy Anderson. Arrive 10-4 Leave 10-9-2017.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

2peas first rally?
A chance for Connie to play Mexican Train with Stella?
We get to see the Grimes' wieners?
Play golf with Dave?

Too much to pass up. We be in.

Arriving on October 4th. Leaving sometime in May ;).

2psnapod1

2peas first rally?
A chance for Connie to play Mexican Train with Stella?
We get to see the Grimes' wieners?
Play golf with Dave?

Too much to pass up. We be in.

Arriving on October 4th. Leaving sometime in May ;).

Woohoo! Been a LONG time! See you in October!

simsfmly

Woohoo! Been a LONG time! See you in October!

Yep, so long you misspelled my first name in the roster. I go with the "ob" spelling, not the "ill" spelling for Bob. :rolleyes:

2psnapod1

Yep, so long you misspelled my first name in the roster. I go with the "ob" spelling, not the "ill" spelling for Bob. :rolleyes:
LOL! Whoopsie....it was a long day yesterday! Will fix when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

Reservations made! We made reservations for October 4 to October 10. As usual we're looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!

2psnapod1

Reservations made! We made reservations for October 4 to October 10. As usual we're looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!

Orville & Barbara ~ Awesome! So glad you'll be able to make it to our first rally!

Paul & Nan

Kelley, looking forward to your first rally. Reservations made arriving 10/4, leaving 10/9.

2psnapod1

Kelley, looking forward to your first rally. Reservations made arriving 10/4, leaving 10/9.

Awesome! Been a LONG time! See you both in October!

simsfmly

Who's golfing? When and where?

There's a very nice course right next store. It's too pricey if we have to pay retail ($95). Golf Now, some of the online discounters, often have it for around $45-$55.

Next option is in one of the two public courses in Corpus (Oso Beach or Gabe Lozano). Both are usually nice (depends on the summer), reasonably priced ($30-$35). Oso is shorter in length and closer to the park.

These would be the top options. The course in Portland once hosted a Nike event (Texas Open), has a great layout, but have heard over the last couple of years they've let it go. Not seeing any reviews in the last year is bothersome, so I can't tell if it would be a good option.

Just throwing it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.