ATF: Landmark - AC flow - Landmark 365

povelkom

Hello, Love our Newport but the front bath is very cold and not a lot of air in bedroom. Have 3 AC units but air flow not cooling bedroom and bath is an iceberg. Do I need adjustable vents in the ceiling? Please advise.

Wanderlust

We also have a landmark Newport that we live in full-time and the half bathroom does get very cold. My dog loves it in there during the day LOL. I don't believe that the AC that supplies air to the bathroom is the same unit that supplies air to the bedroom. I believe the bedroom and Master bathroom is on a separate AC. We live in Tucson and right now our average temperatures have been right at 100° every day. I like it cold in my camper so What I find is if I leave the front A/C at 70 deg and my bedroom A/C at 71, The unit stays cool throughout the entire day, sometimes even cold, but I'm afraid to turn it down as it seems if I do, we get hot at night.

I do keep the half-bath door open all the time during the day especially when we're not home. I also do this at night. As long as I do this the entire coach seems to cool down quite nicely and the airflow is perfect. I've considered blocking off the vent but I'm afraid of what that will do to the A/C unit if I restrict airflow.

At night I also close my bedroom door that goes out to the main area of the unit. And that seems to keep my bedroom nice and cool at night which is the way we like it.

Not sure if this helps. But at least you know you are in alone in this LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanderlust

We also have a landmark Newport that we live in full-time and the half bathroom does get very cold. My dog loves it in there during the day LOL. I don't believe that the AC that supplies air to the bathroom is the same unit that supplies air to the bedroom. I believe the bedroom and Master bathroom is on a separate AC. We live in Tucson and right now our average temperatures have been right at 100° every day. I like it cold in my camper so What I find is if I leave the front A/C at 70 deg and my bedroom A/C at 71, The unit stays cool throughout the entire day, sometimes even cold, but I'm afraid to turn it down as it seems if I do, we get hot at night.

I do keep the half-bath door open all the time during the day especially when we're not home. I also do this at night. As long as I do this the entire coach seems to cool down quite nicely and the airflow is perfect. I've considered blocking off the vent but I'm afraid of what that will do to the A/C unit if I restrict airflow.

At night I also close my bedroom door that goes out to the main area of the unit. And that seems to keep my bedroom nice and cool at night which is the way we like it.

I also just now realize you were talking about your front bathroom. We don't have a problem with our bathroom cooling down and leaving our bedroom hot. We have a good airflow in there. I do notice though if I leave the closet door open, the heat from the cap will heat up that bathroom and bedroom area. So I leave it closed as much as I can remember to do so.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I believe all AC unit run together, meaning the intake and exhaust ducting runs front to rear.
You can check this by putting a flashlight on one end and sticking your phone camera up in there on the opposite end and you'll see that you can see all the way through.
I can on mine anyway.
I'd probably block off a bathroom outlet and see if you can get more to blow out in the bedroom or just add another vent in your bedroom area.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

povelkom

thanks...we will try that.. we are in Vegas and today 105 outside but we were cool at 74 all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hello, Love our Newport but the front bath is very cold and not a lot of air in bedroom. Have 3 AC units but air flow not cooling bedroom and bath is an iceberg. Do I need adjustable vents in the ceiling? Please advise.

We have the optional 3rd (middle) a/c and we have the same problem. Our bathroom is ice cold and it seems like it doesn't blow enough cold air out through the rest of the ducts. We also have a loud whistling noise coming from the optional a/c. It almost seems like it's not getting enough air. If I run all 3 a/c units at the same temperature, it does a poorer job of cooling down the coach than just running the two units (back and front).

I noticed on the 2018 Landmark's, they've added additional return air ducts located above the fridge and the entry door. I'm assuming many people were complaining about air flow. I will be going back to the dealer to figure out what they can do to fix the whistling noise and the lack of air flow coming out from the optional middle a/c.

Romer

porthole

Retired
With the slightly re-designed front bath on the mid 2017 (2018 model year) Newports, we as well as another HL member who happens to be a HVAC contractor, had a discussion about getting airflow into the front closets.
The heat generated through the front cap, especially on the black painted caps was quite high.

Andy W. - back from vacation and following this ????????????????????

The duct work and ceiling insulation has changed again too, although I don't know when. It is conventional style work now, e.g. insulated aluminized ducts ((I think) and batt type insulation.

The air flow and heat concerns is what drove us towards a paint option of the dark grey over the black highlighted options.

Oldelevatorman

We too leave our half bath door open all the time because it was so cold and we were getting condensation on the ceiling as well. It's hot as heck in there when the heat's on too. We have a small de-humidifier in the living room and the front bath and we have no more condensation on the ceilings. We also never have the door open in any humid areas of the country for any length of time so the inside stays comfortable!