Wet basement----Uh-oh-------perhaps self induced?

NYSUPstater

Maiden voyage this past w/e. Everything is GREAT and had to pinch myself 1st couple of nights as I couldn't believe all this is real.

Weather wasn't too awful bad overall until Monday morning. Rained good and at times hard. Awnings up. Once it stopped (for awhile anyways---hour or so), went out to take care of outside items, incl dumping tanks. Open streetside basement door and go to grab a rag I use to wipe hoses/cords off with and it's soaked (on floor). WTH? See small area of water under floor liners of things. Nothing I can really do at this point except wonder what the heck happened.

Once home, emptied the contents from basement and whole floor was NOT wet, just couple areas. Am wondering if the right basement door wasn't closed all the way, could the water have come around the seal, up/over the lip and inside basement? Was totally dry Sat/Sun. I could've sworn I "slammed" the door shut Sun after we got done putting things back in (hence the self induced part). Does this seem plausible?

Am thinking too of getting a large tub of "Dry-Rid" and stick in basement. Good idea or no?

windviewer

check the screws in the hatch door are sealed with sealant. that was the source of similar water last year in our trailer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you have rain/snow with freeze and thaw cycles, don't be surprised if your doors start bulging at the bottoms. I replaced the two large swing doors on mine because of it and will be doing the two smaller ones this summer. I installed a section of gutter above the doors on both sides and no longer have standing water in the door frames where it can wick into the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Just looked inside basement as we have had a deluge of rain since our return. There are a few water spots inside. Slides are out and streetside door is "covered" by slide. Opened curbside door and inside the lip of door behind the black trim molding is wet. So will take a gander at all screws for that door as suggested. Should I remove all the screws and re-seal or just cover them w/ clear chalk (stuff used around sink/toilet in stick house when replaced?

MP_CS

Just looked inside basement as we have had a deluge of rain since our return. There are a few water spots inside. Slides are out and streetside door is "covered" by slide. Opened curbside door and inside the lip of door behind the black trim molding is wet. So will take a gander at all screws for that door as suggested. Should I remove all the screws and re-seal or just cover them w/ clear chalk (stuff used around sink/toilet in stick house when replaced?

I removed screws and put a dab of caulk and reinstalled screws, then lightly covered the top with some black rtv sealent.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Maiden voyage this past w/e. Everything is GREAT and had to pinch myself 1st couple of nights as I couldn't believe all this is real.

Weather wasn't too awful bad overall until Monday morning. Rained good and at times hard. Awnings up. Once it stopped (for awhile anyways---hour or so), went out to take care of outside items, incl dumping tanks. Open streetside basement door and go to grab a rag I use to wipe hoses/cords off with and it's soaked (on floor). WTH? See small area of water under floor liners of things. Nothing I can really do at this point except wonder what the heck happened.

Once home, emptied the contents from basement and whole floor was NOT wet, just couple areas. Am wondering if the right basement door wasn't closed all the way, could the water have come around the seal, up/over the lip and inside basement? Was totally dry Sat/Sun. I could've sworn I "slammed" the door shut Sun after we got done putting things back in (hence the self induced part). Does this seem plausible?

Am thinking too of getting a large tub of "Dry-Rid" and stick in basement. Good idea or no?

On one of our first trips out in the rain I had water puddling in the basement also. I found the whether stripping had a small section on the top that had pulled down. once I pushed it back up and dried up the water I've never had another issue.