Suggestions for 5th wheel hitch.

WillyBill

I haven't succeed in talking the DW into letting me get it yet. We are running down a different path at the moment so maybe when that decision has been made well get it.

You could always "Surprise" her and then ask for forgiveness later. That works once every decade or so for me.:cool:

WB

Kbvols

You could always "Surprise" her and then ask for forgiveness later. That works once every decade or so for me.:cool:

WB

This works have done it many times. The key is you have to set them up....talk about the ride difference then the safety aspect on and on...go to mall with her buy her the purse or dress or whatever she wants then order the new hitch.

I bought a new truck one time while my wife was in the mall shopping. When I picked her up she was looking at new wedding rings she could not believe I bought what she wanted right there until she seen the new truck. She loved the ring so much she never paid attention to the truck until she closed the door.

Ask for forgiveness it works...its costly but it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got the bw turnover with companion and love it! But do have to say it is very heavy. The Anderson is intriguing. The light weight of it would be nice

CoveredWagon

I've got the bw turnover with companion and love it! But do have to say it is very heavy. The Anderson is intriguing. The light weight of it would be nice

i have the Andersen Ultimate. Can you say 32 pounds, yes it is and, the ease of hook up. Love it. It really stirs up interest at the parks. The only caution I have is watch the height that you set the ball at. I originally set mine at the highest setting, all was well for several trips. The last trip I lowered it to the middle setting, about an inch or so lower and the pin box hit and bent the top rails of the bed on the truck. 😢😕😡 This only happened at sever angles combined with an incline.

Harryone

I have had several hitches over the years of different brands, all were ok. I just purchased a new hitch Blue Ox BXR 6200 goose tournament over comes in 3 sections installed in less than an hour. Take in and out by myself (in 3 sections) heavy duty hitch. No need for pin greaseless plate, no buck, chucking, or noise when towing. Google the model above neat technology.

Wmnmy

I have the steel Anderson hitch and have used it on both a short bed and long bed truck I absolutely love this hitch easy to hook up I cut a swimming tube bout 7 inches hallowed it out bout 2 inches up and stick it on the ball when backing I see it from rear glass and when it falls over the ball is right where it need to be. Pulls nice and quiet I like it a lot .

Ok, new to all this. We are getting a Freightliner MDT at the end of the month. Need the forum group to give me suggestions on which 5th wheel hitch to get. Had a very small 5th wheel years ago and no longer have equipment.

Anything that he group want to throw at me would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Panzer2017

Just bought a new bighorn myself. I’ve been looking at the b&w companion with turnover ball undermount.
now just to decided on slider or fixed version. Anyone pulling a bighorn with shortbed f350 non slider hitch?

jimtoo

Just bought a new bighorn myself. I’ve been looking at the b&w companion with turnover ball undermount.
now just to decided on slider or fixed version. Anyone pulling a bighorn with shortbed f350 non slider hitch?

Hi Coloradocamper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure you will get good recommendations from others soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

TEC

I pull a 3585 Bighorn with F350 single rear wheel with short box & B&W Companion Hitch (using factory pucks).
I have not had any problems.
This is my second Companion. My 1st used the turnover ball mount Companion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk