Potential Buyer of '13 North Trail 30RKDD

Howdy Y'all!

My wife and I are about to embark on an adventure of full time RVing. While the house is about to close, we have been really searching for a home. Currently, we have two major candidates a 2009 Jayco 30BHDS and a 2013 North Trail 30RKDD.

My parents have had Jayco's all of my life. I wanted to open my horizons to something new.

We are leaning to the NT. Any encouragements, words of wisdom, or lessons learned for this particular model? Or NT in general?

Your guidance and expertise is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mattman

Is the jayco a metal siding or fiber glass? May be a factor to consider.
Spread axle vs the standard gap may be something else to look at. I think the white hawk Jayco series had the spread axle. Not sure what that one your looking at is.

I believe the NT is the rear kitchen model? If it's just you and other, you guys would probably enjoy more room inside in the mornings and evenings than a bunk house. Unless you plan to have others with you a lot.

My choices came down to a jayco and NT. I liked the Jayco ply wood floor and wood trusses versus OSB floor and metal roofs. They say my NT has a walk on roof. But I don't like walking on it. I went NT for the dealership close by and the deal they gave me on my trade in. Part of me still wishes I had gone Jayco. But for the price of the NT it was the better pick. And I liked a few options for the lay out better.

I really liked the 2" thick walls. Spread axle for towing, how long the dinning table is, and the black water clean out. These were a few selling points for me. Not sure what's on the jayco or the 13 NT. But just a few things to consider IMO.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
We have the 2017 30RKDD and absolutely love it. It pulls well and has everything we wanted in a TT. I really can't say anything bad about it!

Domi

We have just started looking a trailers to full time in but it will be at least 6 years. We looked at all the bigger NT's and liked them a lot . Our favorite was the 29 RETS as the slides on each side give a lot of open space in the rear of the trailer. If we had to go right now we would go with a NT. We have been very happy with our current one. We do a lot of fall and spring camping and it keeps us warm in the cool temps. It may not be as good as some of the huge 5'vers but it would work for us we are pretty sure.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

John and Domi