Big Bighorn Mod Plan

CDN

B and B
While camping did a mod or addition to the Jensen system. Added rear audio input cable. Connected to the RCA outputs on my Shawdirect Satellite Receiver to allow me to listen to audio channels without having the TV turned on. Found the rather flimsy support on the cupboard bottom staaples pulled out. Screwed it back together and also screwed the cupboard bottom back together.as the staples had loosened.

BigGuy82

Here's just a couple of major upgrades I've done to our Bighorn:

Disc Brakes (in my opinion the single most important upgrade I've made)
IMG_1611.jpg

Lippert Flex Air Pinbox (you can't see it but it makes a HUGE difference in "towability")
What you can see is my replacement for the 4"x4" metal junction box
IMG_1644.jpg

Replacement of the two poorly installed battery boxes with a single dual battery box from a Landmark
IMG_1688.jpg

Check my signature block for all of the other mods I've done.

kab449

I am oh so curious about your work on subwoofer and sound system balancing. I have the sub as the c speaker and have found it overpowering, so leave it off.

How did you resolve sound system issues?
I moved my sub from behind the false wall into the cabinet on the left side of the fireplace. I removed the center panel in the existing door for that cabinet and replaced it with fabric. Now when you crank up the sub the wooden partition doesn't vibrate and the sound can easily escape through the fabric. Much better music experience especially if you listen to classic rock like I do.

CDN

B and B
Tonight I installed a replacement entertainment centre door Heartland sent me. They installed the wrong one in error from the factory. One on the left is correct.
181e327ff16daf17dbc1aa83a19612a4.jpg

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
I repaired my Norcold fridge door. Added one washer to each side and the Dutch door weather strip bar closes and doesn't hang any longer
596c2bae39a0a626d8951df5a60c5fdf.jpg
48df8358dcb944ea7b9767a5863aecaf.jpg
d4536c9a8576638242c3bc6ba32cfe18.jpg

CDN

B and B
Something I needed to report back on is the black foam core behind the glass. Doors glass won't wear and you don't see things behind it either.
bfd6139883a661576ba3e35aff6a93bf.jpg
c89e06c351545acb32afd9157054a93e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Today I removed the bed platform and cut it down for a Queen Size mattress. We had bought a Trump Deluxe model at Goshen in 2016 and saved it from our old trailer. Now we have a nice bed and the old RV king foam black is out.

Today it was 74 degrees at the end of October and hopefully we can make it out first week of November to try it out!