2017 North Trail 24BHS - Furnace Question

Hey everyone, just had a quick question as I recently bought a 2017 Heartland North Trail BHS Travel Trailer and I recorded the demo on my phone but after getting a new phone I lost my demo video I made. Hoping the vast knowledge I see on these forums can help me with this question. I am just starting to go through each system to make sure they work before my 1st trip of the season with the new trailer. I am trying to turn on the heat/furnace. I am plugged into shore power with the propane OFF. I flip on the switch for the heat but the blower only comes on for a couple minutes and then it shuts off. The heat never comes on. Is this because the heat is only through Propane? I would ave though heat would be available through electric as well in order to not use the propane when hooked up to electric. Can anyone advise or help? Thank you everyone!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Heater will only run on propane.
Some have installed a Cheapheat setup that will heat on electric.
I use our Electric fire place most of the time. We also have 2 heat strips in 2 of our AC units that will heat on electricity.

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Re: 2107 Heartland North Trail 24BHS - Furnace Question - Please Help

Hi Sharkhunter,

We have a really good set of manuals listed under the "Tools" tab at the top of the page. I have never heard or seen an electric or propane furnace in an RV. Just propane only. Your unit is not staying on because it is not supplied with propane. Turn on the propane and if you have never used it, it may take a minute to get a flame going.

Jim M

Thanks Jerrod I appreciate the reply. Weird that newer system oi my runs on propane and not electric when hooked up to electric.

QUOTE=jesstalkn;548103]Heater will only run on propane.
Some have installed a Cheapheat setup that will heat on electric.
I use our Electric fire place most of the time. We also have 2 heat strips in 2 of our AC units that will heat on electricity.

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]