Dometic 3313192.000 White Single Zone LCD Thermostat Heat/Cool/Fan

Werbeckes

Good morning all,

I have a 2013 Big Horn 3160 Elite. We just set up this rig for the summer at our favorite lake and noticed the the thermostat will not come on (it runs both the AC and furnace). There are no LCD error code. It appears as if there is no power to the thermostat. I have check all the breakers and fuses, all are fine. Any suggestions would be welcome before I have to have someone drive 2 hours from Reno to evaluate the issue.

Jim

danemayer

Hi Werbeckes,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you're really, really sure about the fuses being ok, pull the cover off the thermostat and see if you have a loose connector or loose wire connection. On our 2011, the thermostat has a couple of separate wire connections. I think they've changed to a phone type connector later, but I don't know when that change happened.

Werbeckes

Thanks Dan I will check on Thursday. I reset all of the breakers, pulled and checked each fuse obviously thinking this is an electrical connection issue.

As a side note I had a mouse issue last fall as we were pulling our rig back to Reno just above the auto level control panel in the hold. The mouse had chewed through the electric brake lines and rear lights. I don't recall if the heater was working when we pulled out. Over the weekend I checked the wires leaving the thermostat but they don't run through this area where I had the mice. That said, looking at a diagram (I just found in this site) of the wiring it appears the thermostat wire runs to the the A/C unit. In addition, there is a 12V DC line that also runs to the A/C unit and then onto the furnace I assume that is the power to run the thermostat and furnace. There is also a 110V running to the A/C unit, the breaker appears to be only on the 110 line. I think I need to go revisit the area where I had a mouse problem and see if there is a wire I failed to repair (could be the 12v DC running to the A/C unit.

Jim

danemayer

Thanks Dan I will check on Thursday. I reset all of the breakers, pulled and checked each fuse obviously thinking this is an electrical connection issue.

As a side note I had a mouse issue last fall as we were pulling our rig back to Reno just above the auto level control panel in the hold. The mouse had chewed through the electric brake lines and rear lights. I don't recall if the heater was working when we pulled out. Over the weekend I checked the wires leaving the thermostat but they don't run through this area where I had the mice. That said, looking at a diagram (I just found in this site) of the wiring it appears the thermostat wire runs to the the A/C unit. In addition, there is a 12V DC line that also runs to the A/C unit and then onto the furnace I assume that is the power to run the thermostat and furnace. There is also a 110V running to the A/C unit, the breaker appears to be only on the 110 line. I think I need to go revisit the area where I had a mouse problem and see if there is a wire I failed to repair (could be the 12v DC running to the A/C unit.

Jim

The living room A/C unit probably has a control box where the thermostat wire is attached. The control box passes 12V to the furnace when called for, and via a relay, sends 120V AC to the air conditioner when called for.

If you open the control box, you'll probably be on a step stool or ladder and need to be careful. A shock while on a ladder could result in a fall.