2017 Heartland Big Country 3560SS

Ralledalle

We recently brought our RV in for it's Anniversary Warranty Work. They resealed everything and checked for any issues. We didn't have any issues prior to bringing it in for inspection.

About 2 weeks ago we have found water dripping from the cabinets above our recliners. It's the back slide on the entry door side. . My husband went look on top of the slide and looked around it for any noticeable issues but he couldn't find any. To be on the safe side he decided to reseal the seams thinking maybe the dealership forgot to reseal some during the inspection and warranty work.

A week went by and we didn't notice anymore issues but apparently it rained again this week and it is started leaking again along with a few more areas. Our cabinet above the recliners are warped and have noticeable water damage.
We were on vacation last week so we weren't home to inspect it any further.

Anyone have any further ideas on what would be the issue? He has checked the seal around the slide out and resealed on top of the slide. Only area I can think of is near the inside trim of the slide out? Please help!

It is going back to the dealer so they can replace my cabinet but this leak needs to be fixed. I am worries about the ceiling above the cabinet and around the slide out trim. Even what we can't see!

Sincerely,

Regina & Dean Allemond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhodies1

We recently brought our RV in for it's Anniversary Warranty Work. They resealed everything and checked for any issues. We didn't have any issues prior to bringing it in for inspection.

About 2 weeks ago we have found water dripping from the cabinets above our recliners. It's the back slide on the entry door side. . My husband went look on top of the slide and looked around it for any noticeable issues but he couldn't find any. To be on the safe side he decided to reseal the seams thinking maybe the dealership forgot to reseal some during the inspection and warranty work.

A week went by and we didn't notice anymore issues but apparently it rained again this week and it is started leaking again along with a few more areas. Our cabinet above the recliners are warped and have noticeable water damage.
We were on vacation last week so we weren't home to inspect it any further.

Anyone have any further ideas on what would be the issue? He has checked the seal around the slide out and resealed on top of the slide. Only area I can think of is near the inside trim of the slide out? Please help!

It is going back to the dealer so they can replace my cabinet but this leak needs to be fixed. I am worries about the ceiling above the cabinet and around the slide out trim. Even what we can't see!

Sincerely,

Regina & Dean Allemond

T

Have you checked the roof membrane near the slide,it is possible you have a small tear in the roof allowing water to travel along the roof line and leak inside.Water will travel great distances until it finds an exit point.A ll areas on the roof are access points,vents,air conditioner seal etc.. give these a good look to see if something is not sealed properly.
Hopefully you find the issue and enjoy the rest of the camping season,leaks are frustrating ....

Gary521

Possibly something got wedged under the top slide seal ( branch for example ). This will make a path for water. The roof membrane on top of the slide is not sealed where it meets the decorative inside fascia. Mine leaked there a while ago during a severe thunderstorm. If the slide is open, close it a little bit and check the roof slide where it meets this fascia. you will see a gap of about a 1/4 - 1/2" or so. This is where the water gets in. Check the top slide seal to see that it is flipping into the correct position. A half flipped seal could also make a channel.

Ralledalle

Thank you both. The top seal was checked and it's flipped the right way. But we will definitely check those other things out! I'll let you know what we find. Thanks so much.