jbeletti's 2018 Landmark 365 Newport

Bones

MOD: Suburban Nautilus OnDemand Hot Water Heater

This isn't really a mod, but it is cool. Before my coach was built (March 2017), Suburban (Airxcel) asked Heartland if we would try their Nautilus OnDemand Water Heater. I said "yes please" :) Suburban supplied it and Heartland installed it.

While the first one did have an issue - they came out to the campground in swapped it out and it's working well. It fits in the same space as the normal water heater. It runs on propane (only when hot water is called for by any hot water tap) and 12 VDC (controls and fan).

It came with a wall controller that we don't need to touch, but it's nice to look at it when using the kitchen sink. When you open the hot water tap, an impeller symbol appears on-screen. A couple seconds later, a flame symbol appears. About 30 seconds later, as hot water is produced and all the cold water is pushed out of the line to the tap, warm, then hot water comes out the tap. So, on demand - yes. Instant - no. Time will tell how we like this product but I'm always game to try things.

Here's a picture of the indoor display:
View attachment 52256

See more pictures in this gallery.
Might this be available in new RV's?

jbeletti

Re: jbeletti's 2018 Landmark 365 Newport - Water Plant

This looks very similar to the ISpring 6 stage I mounted under my sink, does this system have a pressure tank, If so how big is it and will it provide enough water for the whole coach. My pressure tank is about 3 gallons and takes over an hour to refill once it empties.
I purchased a pressure tank when I built this system for the last coach, but never installed it. Pros and cons to having one. Among others, flushing the toilet in the middle of the night is a good use-case for having a pressure tank. But I've isolated my pump to the point where it's pretty quiet, so it's not an issue in the middle of the night for us. That, and I'd prefer to have the space for storage :)

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Hi Jim,we'll be watching to see this beauty. Very excited for you guys. Thank you for sharing with all us. :)

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Oh wow!! I am liking the look of the MORryde steps. And the on demand hot water. What could be next??:eek:

porthole

Retired
Re: jbeletti's 2018 Landmark 365 Newport - Ice Maker Line Upgrade

MOD: Upgraded Ice Maker Line

No pictures for this mod - sorry.

While we (Kevin W) and I were pulling wires and pipes in the underbelly, I decided to replace the 1/4" poly ice maker line with a stainless steel braided residential ice maker line.

Steps we took:
  1. Turn off ice maker line water supply at valve under kitchen sink
  2. Removed ice maker line from valve under sink and couple onto the 1/4" nut on that line, using a brass coupler, the new SS line. We taped the splice so it would pull better
  3. Opened up a 12"x"12, 3-sided flap in the underbelly below the island area
  4. Opened up a large section of underbelly below the fresh water tank - for another project
  5. We pulled on the 1/4" poly back by the fresh water tank while we fed the SS line down the floor penetration below the dishwasher. We also used the hole in the underbelly to pull/feed the line
  6. We pulled the new line all the way back to the fresh water tank area as that's where the 1/4" poly exits through the frame and into the Flex Guard with wiring and such
  7. Using another section of SS line, we threaded it through the wiring holes in the Flex Guard and pulled it the length of the kitchen slide to a spot below the refer
  8. We drilled a new hole up through the slide floor, right behind the refer where we could pull the line up and out the refer access hatch on the side of the coach
  9. We joined the 2 sections of SS line, taped it up and pushed that splice into the frame along, then secured the SS line under the slide
  10. We turned on the water to flush the new line and check for leaks at the valve and the splice and turned the water off
  11. We disconnected the 1/4" poly line from the water solenoid on the back of the refer and connected the new SS line there, pulled all the extra SS line up behind the refer and carefully coiled it up and secured it
  12. We turned the water back on, checked for leaks and buttoned everything back up
Mod went really smooth and now I have no 1/4" poly line in the underbelly or exposed outside the coach.

What no pictures?

Did you notice the fresh water tank/s?

Is there one or two? Take any pics of those?

- - - Updated - - -

From the water RO picture gallery, it looks like you have lots of room to work in there. That's a plus. And plenty of room to add Cheap Heat.

Bones

Re: jbeletti's 2018 Landmark 365 Newport - Ice Maker Line Upgrade

What no pictures?

Did you notice the fresh water tank/s?

Is there one or two? Take any pics of those?

- - - Updated - - -

From the water RO picture gallery, it looks like you have lots of room to work in there. That's a plus. And plenty of room to add Cheap Heat.

Man your active today. Are we gonna have competing threads soon? :):):):):)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you are referring to it's placement in regards to the paint graphics, then yes, the logo placement was not designed well.☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
MOD: Suburban Nautilus OnDemand Hot Water Heater

This isn't really a mod, but it is cool. Before my coach was built (March 2017), Suburban (Airxcel) asked Heartland if we would try their Nautilus OnDemand Water Heater. I said "yes please" :) Suburban supplied it and Heartland installed it.

While the first one did have an issue - they came out to the campground in swapped it out and it's working well. It fits in the same space as the normal water heater. It runs on propane (only when hot water is called for by any hot water tap) and 12 VDC (controls and fan).

It came with a wall controller that we don't need to touch, but it's nice to look at it when using the kitchen sink. When you open the hot water tap, an impeller symbol appears on-screen. A couple seconds later, a flame symbol appears. About 30 seconds later, as hot water is produced and all the cold water is pushed out of the line to the tap, warm, then hot water comes out the tap. So, on demand - yes. Instant - no. Time will tell how we like this product but I'm always game to try things.

Here's a picture of the indoor display:
View attachment 52256

See more pictures in this gallery.

Friends of ours have an Atwood version in a new motorcoach. They are not impressed. Ok when at a full service site but when dry camping not only do they "waste" 2+ quarts getting hot water if the water pump isn't drawing water from the FW tank fast enough the burner shuts down. May be appropriate for some applications but not all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
The thinking behind a on demand hot water tankless system is so that you don't keep reheating cooling reheating the same pot of water a lot more efficient may not always be the right answer on a short run on a camper. One thing that we recommend in my line of business is that you flush your tankless heater once a year with a conditioner solution it helps the scale and helps against corrosion

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
After we do our showers and breakfast dishes we'll heat up a tank of water, then shut the gas and/or electric off.

Unless it is really cold outside, it will still be hot in the evening.