Newbie has questions!

atckid

Being a good newbie, I tend to buy some things before really checking in to it. I bought, but have not used, the "Jack-in-the-Box" slide stabilizers. After getting them I have seen some "threads" that they would void my warranty. I would appreciate any input....pro or con. We've only been out once and the trailer (2017 M27) did it's fair share of wobbling. Just trying to get some more stability. I did get X-chocks and will try them when we go out again near the end of the month.
So...
A) If I use them will they void my warranty?
B) If they don't void it will they help with stability or should I return them?

Thanks

Harry "Sandy", Barbara and furbaby Ebby Johnson
2017 Mallard M27
2016 RAM 1500 5.7Hemi

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had them with our previous Heartland Trail Runner bumper pull . . . and loved them!

Our dinette was in the slide, and more than two people and it would bounce.

The slide stabilizers made it solid . . . don't be afraid to use them!

Didn't need them with our 5th-wheel so gave them to a fellow HOC member at a Rally.

You can see them in action below:

TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg

atckid

Thanks John

Our slide is the dinette also and that is a problem for us.

I tried to zoom the picture but couldn't make out where the jacks are placed underneath. Are they at the outer edge of the frame?

Thanks
Sandy

JohnD

Thanks John

Our slide is the dinette also and that is a problem for us.

I tried to zoom the picture but couldn't make out where the jacks are placed underneath. Are they at the outer edge of the frame?

Thanks
Sandy

No . . .

I placed them directly on the bottom of the long gear drives (not the round bar, but the ones with the teeth).

You don't have to make them real tight . . . just enough to hold them tight so they don't fall out.

I also would place them last after I already had the trailer level and all of the other jacks in place.

Here is another shot where you can see one of them on the gear drive:

CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg

BigGuy82

Being a good newbie, I tend to buy some things before really checking in to it. I bought, but have not used, the "Jack-in-the-Box" slide stabilizers. After getting them I have seen some "threads" that they would void my warranty. I would appreciate any input....pro or con. We've only been out once and the trailer (2017 M27) did it's fair share of wobbling. Just trying to get some more stability. I did get X-chocks and will try them when we go out again near the end of the month.
So...
A) If I use them will they void my warranty?
B) If they don't void it will they help with stability or should I return them?

Thanks

Harry "Sandy", Barbara and furbaby Ebby Johnson
2017 Mallard M27
2016 RAM 1500 5.7Hemi

I don't use them BUT - I don't see why they would void the warranty (unless you're jacking up the entire side of the trailer with them). And if using them did void the warranty, how would anyone know that you did use them? (I know that sounds nefarious but hey, think about it).

JohnD

I don't use them BUT - I don't see why they would void the warranty (unless you're jacking up the entire side of the trailer with them). And if using them did void the warranty, how would anyone know that you did use them? (I know that sounds nefarious but hey, think about it).

There are all kinds of worries about "if the tires go flat" and many other scenarios that have largely been unsubstantiated.

As an example, if all of the corner jacks are in place it wouldn't matter if a tire went flat as they would hold up the trailer.

That kind of stuff.

I loved them when I needed them and now someone else is enjoying them since I no longer needed them.

esscobra

I had them on previous 32ft trailer w 2 slides- couch dinnete and bedroom- I used them when camping for more than a day or two- and they made it much more stable and less bouncy when moving around in slides- never had an issue in 6 years, and even used for months at a time when trailer at hunting camp- like previous post idea is to tighten just enough to support not to lift