ATF: Cyclone - New owner

sdvh

Just bought a new 2017 cyclone 4005. Here is our problems, furnace will not come on at all, we have tried all ideas posted and still not working. Next is a water leak, under the belly there are to drain lines a red one and blue one they are not leaking but water is coming out from the a opening mostly when the city water is on. The next problem is we called HL and they cant help us because we are in a remote area and there are no mobile service company's. We are full timers so it looks like we will be cold for a few more months and unable to hook up to city water. We are currently in Crescent city Ca. If anyone has some ideas it would be great.

jimtoo

Hi sdvh,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some help from our other Cyclone owners soon. We do have a really good user guide and owners manuals under the "Tools" tab at top of page. This is link to user guides.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi sdvh,

Your heating and cooling system has multiple thermostats; one for each air conditioning unit. Only one of those will operate the furnace. I'm not sure which, but you should try all three. When the thermostat calls for heat, the furnace blower should start and run for about 25 seconds, after which there should be an ignition attempt. The ignition will try 3 times and if no flame is sensed, it will lock out for safety. The thermostat has to be cycled out of furnace/heat mode to clear the lockout.

One common issue is how the propane tank valves are opened. If opened too fast, a safety overflow protection device activates. Close the valve. Wait 15 seconds. Re-open the valve verrrrrry slowly.

Make sure nothing is blocking the air return or any of the floor vents. You must have good airflow for the blower to get up to normal operating output. If not, the blower will run for 25 seconds, but the igniter will not fire.

Check the vents outside to make sure you don't have debris or insects.

On the water leak, you must investigate this and find the issue. Water leaks that are allowed to continue can cause serious damage. While the warranty will cover fixing the original defect, if you allow it to continue, you may have to pay for repairs needed to fix the water damage.

You may just have a loose fitting that needs to be tightened a little. Most of the plumbing is behind the Universal Docking Center (UDC) and can be accessed by taking down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage.

As for mobile service, you might check with your campground manager, or call nearby campgrounds. They usually know about mobile servicers. I see there are some listed by Google Maps within 100 miles, so you might incur a steep travel charge, but the alternative of hauling your rig to a service location could be even more expensive. If you find one willing to come out, get prior approval from Heartland for warranty reimbursement.

LBR

Try using the bedroom thermostat to control your furnace system, not living room nor garage thermostats.

Make sure the selection for fan is in AUTO position, then advance to heating position and adjust up or down for temperature.

fastcarsspeed

Also sometimes there is air in the propane lines. I like to run the stove for a couple minutes to make sure I have propane flowing in the camper. Then I can kick on my furnace.

sdvh

Just bought a new 2017 cyclone 4005. Here is our problems, furnace will not come on at all, we have tried all ideas posted and still not working. Next is a water leak, under the belly there are to drain lines a red one and blue one they are not leaking but water is coming out from the a opening mostly when the city water is on. The next problem is we called HL and they cant help us because we are in a remote area and there are no mobile service company's. We are full timers so it looks like we will be cold for a few more months and unable to hook up to city water. We are currently in Crescent city Ca. If anyone has some ideas it would be great.
We found our problems. first the heater control is in the bedroom and the wires were loose. The water leaks was just a matter of tightening up connections. Now to figure out the problem with satellite connection to garage.

MillerTime802

We found our problems. first the heater control is in the bedroom and the wires were loose. The water leaks was just a matter of tightening up connections. Now to figure out the problem with satellite connection to garage.

I was about to report the furnace is operated in the bedroom thermostat....it took me a while before I figured that out too.

Satellite: I also discovered when hooking up the cable from the RV Park, you MUST turn off the roof antenna's power booster. Mines located behind the master bedroom's tv, at the power plug. It'll have a green light when "on" so turn it off and see if you get signal for your satellite. Heartland sent me a wiring diagram for my 17 CY 3611 JS antenna/cable/satellite. Later this week, I'll go to the RV, retrieve it, scan it, and posting here....perhaps it will be helpful to you too.