Cyclone vs. Ford F350 Trailer Camera system

deonb

We're going to place a custom Cyclone order.

I know the Cyclones comes with Rear camera prep. We would like to however instead have a Ford Super Duty (F350) trailer camera installed – i.e. this kit:
https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/trailer-towing/kit-tpms-sensor-11804.html

This is a hard-wired system (not wireless), with wiring that has to run through the RV and then plug into the back of the truck in a 15-pin connector together with the standard electrical hookup.

Of course I don’t want there to be external wires sticking out - however I would think the standard rear prep is for wireless so it may not an equivalent conductor wire installed by default? The important thing is that I don’t want it to look “after market” with loose wires running in visible locations.

Would this be something that Heartland can install for me on a custom order if I send a camera kit through to them before the build starts? Or can a dealer actually pull through a camera wire without it looking too bad?

danemayer

Hi deonb,

Heartland generally doesn't do custom orders, and I very much doubt they would try to support this particular type of request.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
I have the same setup. I was able to run the camera wire along the roof then down through the trailer and out just to the right of the generator compartment at the same height as the plug on the truck. The only visible wire is where it exits the trailer and into the plug about 3 '. It works great. I did have to drill a hole in the roof of the trailer but I was installing solar panels as well and could find no other options. It was not hard to seal up and even with a really wet spring have had no leak issues.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have both. I have the Furrion wireless camera system that works while traveling, I can watch my bikes and see cars behind me. The Ford system (as of now) only works in reverse and you will also have to choose it each time you put it in reverse, (as it default to the tailgate camera). kind of a glitch that hopefully they can update some time soon. I'd like to be able to view any camera any time. The ford Camera has a much better picture !!!!
I have a Landmark so I ran may harness down under then up inside the rear cap. I would think you could run yours down under then up through the floor inside the garage the poke it ou the back up there.
I not really sure what you have up there.

Here's a link to my install https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=531120&viewfull=1#post531120

Good luck
Jerrod

Cabindoc

I did similar install. Mounted camera up over door, ran wire down door jamb, drilled hole at the bottom then ran under coach to forward gen compartment. Then up to hitch where I have a connector. When I hook up, I have a pigtail cord that connects trailer to truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk