ATF: Bighorn - Bedroom slide comes in when lights over bed are turned on

Dalton

We have a 2017 3560ss and the super slide in the bedroom automatically comes in if we turn our lights on above the bed. My husband looked at the wiring and would like a diagram for this. The slide has blue and white wires, the light has 2 red and one white wires. Any help or similar experience and out comes would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Dalton,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Has your bedroom slide always come in when turning on the lights above the bed, or did this just start?

Do the lights go on or off when you operate the slide switch?

danemayer

Take a look in your fuse panel inside the coach and see if there's a fuse for the bedroom slide. If there is, pull it out and try both the slideout switch and the light switch.

If no fuse for the slide, it's powered from the mini-circuit breakers near the battery. In that case, pull the slideout switch away from the wall. Be careful that no wires get pulled off their terminals. Take a picture with your phone and post here. You may have to make 1 more post before you can upload pictures.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sound to me like those wires under the bed "the slide motor wires" & "reading lights wires" have gotten smashed together under the bed, and when you turn on your light it's sending power to the positive (in) side of your slide motor.
I would assume your slide switch still works fine and might possibly turn on the light when you push the in button on the slide switch.
If that all sounds right to you you'll have to pull up the plywood under the mattress to access the mess of wires under there.
I'm betting that's where you'll find the problem.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dalton

Sound to me like those wires under the bed "the slide motor wires" & "reading lights wires" have gotten smashed together under the bed, and when you turn on your light it's sending power to the positive (in) side of your slide motor.
I would assume your slide switch still works fine and might possibly turn on the light when you push the in button on the slide switch.
If that all sounds right to you you'll have to pull up the plywood under the mattress to access the mess of wires under there.
I'm betting that's where you'll find the problem.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jerrod,
That's what we're thinking and have checked into. The wires for the light switch and slide are getting crossed. We were hoping for a diagram to look into this. My husband is wanting to dog into it, but doesn't want it to void our warranty. Think it's time to just call the dealership.

Thanks again

danemayer

Thanks Jerrod,
That's what we're thinking and have checked into. The wires for the light switch and slide are getting crossed. We were hoping for a diagram to look into this. My husband is wanting to dog into it, but doesn't want it to void our warranty. Think it's time to just call the dealership.

Thanks again

I don't think investigating the problem will void your warranty. Whichever way you go, circle back around and let us know the solution.

NHCelt

You'll never ever get a wiring diagram unless someone on here draws one.
😁

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Sorry I know this is not a funny situation, but it sure made us laugh. Wish you all the best in finding the problem
and please post your finds.

Bruce and Terri