Considering 2017 269ts, request info

Kayaknchic

New to 5th wheel's and looking at Sundance 269ts. Currently have evergreen to we pull with Silverado 1500 ltz 4x4. Dealer said it will be fine with bed rail hitch, seems like weight is OK. Can'the find many reviews. Does anyone own this Sundance model and does anyone use a 1500 with a 5th wheel?

jimtoo

Hi kayaknchic,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Looking at the dry weights published by Heartland I think your going to be overloaded. They are listing it at 9900lbs gross weight with a 1700lb pin weight.

I'm sure you will get more opinions soon from our other members.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland RV.

Jim M

MP_CS

I have a 285ts XLT. 9200lbs loaded, No way would i ever consider pulling it with a half ton.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a 285ts XLT. 9200lbs loaded, No way would i ever consider pulling it with a half ton.

I have to agree with you on that one.

While a 1500 can be rated to pull something . . . it ain't always easy trying to stop it (ask me how I know and I'll tell you)!

Our Chevy 2500HD and Prowler (9860 lbs loaded) are a perfect matchup, but if we ever go larger on the trailer we'd have to get another new truck as well!

Kayaknchic

Thanks, everyone. We made the decision to get the Chevy 2500HD Duramax, so that solves the weight (stopping!) issue.

Now, about trailer tires on a 5th wheel - any suggestions?

Jim Posz

We previously had a 2007 Sundance, now have 2014 Sundance 3310CL. If it comes with off brand Chinese tires such as Towmax, get rid of them. I have personally had success with higher quality ST trailer tires such as Maxxis but others may advise going to LT (truck) tires. Also, if you travel much a tire pressure monitoring system is a good investment.
Happy travels. Jim