Expecting Soon

The_Boys

So after some life changes we have decided to go full time RV.. We were pretty sure we wanted a full 5th wheel with all the interior space.. THEN we got to thinking we are going to spend 6 months a year in a much warmer climate, the reason for this is to spend lots of time outside so why buy a rig that all the living space is inside!! SO a toy hauler it will be.. We are selling our home and buying a 2018 4005, As I enjoy cooking this is the ONLY plan we seen with a well equipped kitchen. This also allows room for a small freezer in the garage for our meat from hunting season in Idaho. I do have a couple questions maybe someone can answer as our dealer was rather vague.

1. The 2017 I peaked into as it was just sold and closed up had a upgraded stove, now I see no reason to have a oven with the convection oven so can this be ordered with a nice cook top?

2. When looking at a fusion I think it was they had a heavy duty fold up step that was latched into the door frame is this a option? Being a big boy I like the sturdy feel when I used them.

3. I will be going with a Ford tow rig probably a 2009/2010 this fits the cash option budget the best, I am fully aware that some modifications are in order. Some people say SRW others say DRW any input on this would be great, I have seen a nice F450 which then eliminates that choice,

4. what is the best way to buy? Local dealer? or best price and go pick it up. The local dealer here is not always favorable on customer service and they claim to be top 5 biggest RV dealers in the US. Blue Dog RV would be the local.

Wish us luck as we HOPE to have possession by 9-1-17

danemayer

Re: Expecting Soon.

Hi The_Boys,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I'm sure you'll get feedback on your questions shortly.

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Welcome and Congrats!! There will be lots of answers to your questions. Wish you all the best with the new arrival.
Safe travels.

Terri

fastcarsspeed

1. Cooktop - Not quite sure we also looked at a 17 and 18 Vengence before getting our cyclone but I think you could get something work if you are ordering a unit.
2. There are a couple different step brands and options and yes your dealer should be able to get that as an upgrade.
3. Tow Rig - I have SRW F350 and a 4100 King. I would probably lean toward the Dually as it will handle the weight better and be more of a stable ride. The only thing I will however recommend is I would look for a 2011 or above truck with the 6.7 Ford Built engine. The creature comforts and the better drivetrain is worth it since you are looking to full time.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
An older model SRW will not likely have the payload capacity for the Pin weight.

Please look at rvtowcheck.com and use the calculators to determine what you can safely tow before purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

2. When looking at a fusion I think it was they had a heavy duty fold up step that was latched into the door frame is this a option? Being a big boy I like the sturdy feel when I used them.

MorRyde and Lippert both have fold up steps that can be ordered and installed as after-market options. One thing to consider is that they stick out further than the OEM steps and might not be ideal in tight spaces at truck stops, rest stops, or in small rv sites. Torklift Revolution Glowsteps provide a similar stable set of steps with an easier climb. You can also go with as many as 6 steps if you have joint problems. The scissor design lets you close the steps to fit in a smaller profile and still go up and down.

4. what is the best way to buy? Local dealer? or best price and go pick it up. The local dealer here is not always favorable on customer service and they claim to be top 5 biggest RV dealers in the US. Blue Dog RV would be the local.

One thing to consider is that not every dealer is willing to work on trailers they didn't sell. Most are incredibly busy, and even if they agree to work on your rig, they may prioritize you behind their own customers. Only the selling dealer is required to service your rig.

That said, many of us prefer to use independent service shops or mobile servicers. They survive by providing good service, not from sales of trailers, and have no conflicting demands on their time. For warranty work, if not using a Heartland dealer, you must get prior approval from Heartland to use any other servicer.

The_Boys

MorRyde and Lippert both have fold up steps that can be ordered and installed as after-market options. One thing to consider is that they stick out further than the OEM steps and might not be ideal in tight spaces at truck stops, rest stops, or in small rv sites. Torklift Revolution Glowsteps provide a similar stable set of steps with an easier climb. You can also go with as many as 6 steps if you have joint problems. The scissor design lets you close the steps to fit in a smaller profile and still go up and down.
Ok thanks the ones I seen I was told are built into the door frame, they didn't stick out to far but when 300+ pounds step on them its solid to the ground which I like.

One thing to consider is that not every dealer is willing to work on trailers they didn't sell. Most are incredibly busy, and even if they agree to work on your rig, they may prioritize you behind their own customers. Only the selling dealer is required to service your rig.

That said, many of us prefer to use independent service shops or mobile servicers. They survive by providing good service, not from sales of trailers, and have no conflicting demands on their time. For warranty work, if not using a Heartland dealer, you must get prior approval from Heartland to use any other servicer.
[/QUOTE

Good to know as our dealers service even to their own customers is less then ideal. It seems Heartland has very good customer service, I am at that point in life where backing it at full speed into a showroom and leaving it there is always a option!!

Thanks for the information.

The_Boys

1. Cooktop - Not quite sure we also looked at a 17 and 18 Vengence before getting our cyclone but I think you could get something work if you are ordering a unit.
2. There are a couple different step brands and options and yes your dealer should be able to get that as an upgrade.
3. Tow Rig - I have SRW F350 and a 4100 King. I would probably lean toward the Dually as it will handle the weight better and be more of a stable ride. The only thing I will however recommend is I would look for a 2011 or above truck with the 6.7 Ford Built engine. The creature comforts and the better drivetrain is worth it since you are looking to full time.

Thanks it may be worth the hit to get the 11+ what seen on MPG was horrible but I have a very good aftermarket diesel shop here and will see what they can do. I had hoped to cash out the truck and put half down on RV may need to adjust that down payment idea.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
So after some life changes we have decided to go full time RV.. We were pretty sure we wanted a full 5th wheel with all the interior space.. THEN we got to thinking we are going to spend 6 months a year in a much warmer climate, the reason for this is to spend lots of time outside so why buy a rig that all the living space is inside!! SO a toy hauler it will be.. We are selling our home and buying a 2018 4005, As I enjoy cooking this is the ONLY plan we seen with a well equipped kitchen. This also allows room for a small freezer in the garage for our meat from hunting season in Idaho. I do have a couple questions maybe someone can answer as our dealer was rather vague.

1. The 2017 I peaked into as it was just sold and closed up had a upgraded stove, now I see no reason to have a oven with the convection oven so can this be ordered with a nice cook top?

3. I will be going with a Ford tow rig probably a 2009/2010 this fits the cash option budget the best, I am fully aware that some modifications are in order. Some people say SRW others say DRW any input on this would be great, I have seen a nice F450 which then eliminates that choice,

1. It comes with the upgraded furion oven that is nearly 2x efficient that standard rv ovens, we do not offer the option for cook top only, but a lot of customers that do not use the oven use it for storage.

2. We do not have the option for the fold up steps, however they can be very easily add on to the unit.

3. The dual rear wheel will provide more stability while towing, but can be difficult to park in small spaces. It is really personal taste and what is more important slightly more towing stability or ease of maneuverability with the single wheels.

4. We always suggest to buy from your local dealer, but we have a lot of great dealers through out the US and Canada.

If you have any questions please let me know, the 4005 is a great floor plan that is selling very quickly.

thanks,

AJ Jones

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Boys

1. It comes with the upgraded furion oven that is nearly 2x efficient that standard rv ovens, we do not offer the option for cook top only, but a lot of customers that do not use the oven use it for storage.

2. We do not have the option for the fold up steps, however they can be very easily add on to the unit.

3. The dual rear wheel will provide more stability while towing, but can be difficult to park in small spaces. It is really personal taste and what is more important slightly more towing stability or ease of maneuverability with the single wheels.

4. We always suggest to buy from your local dealer, but we have a lot of great dealers through out the US and Canada.

If you have any questions please let me know, the 4005 is a great floor plan that is selling very quickly.

thanks,

AJ Jones

Thanks we are very excited about the 4005, I drive big rigs so either way wont mater to me for the truck.. Will probably boil down to price for sure

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Thanks we are very excited about the 4005, I drive big rigs so either way wont mater to me for the truck.. Will probably boil down to price for sure

FYI if it helps my truck is my daily driver and I was questioning dual or single wheel. For me it was single wheel but I don't haul 5thwheel often.

The_Boys

FYI if it helps my truck is my daily driver and I was questioning dual or single wheel. For me it was single wheel but I don't haul 5thwheel often.

That is kind of our deal we will probably travel every six months or so. Will need a good hitch that can be removed pretty easy also so can use the truck

fastcarsspeed

Here is a pic of our 4100 with my 2011 F350 SRW. I have a jacked up Golf Cart in the toy hauler and stuff for a family of 5 loaded in her. She squats a couple of inches but since I do not have a leveling kit the truck evens out nicely and the ride is good. I want to get a Air Ride Pin Box to stop the chucking but other than that she pulls nicely.

Attachments

• 19224912_10155428738689962_1680687067449055008_n.jpg
    19224912_10155428738689962_1680687067449055008_n.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 46

The_Boys

Here is a pic of our 4100 with my 2011 F350 SRW. I have a jacked up Golf Cart in the toy hauler and stuff for a family of 5 loaded in her. She squats a couple of inches but since I do not have a leveling kit the truck evens out nicely and the ride is good. I want to get a Air Ride Pin Box to stop the chucking but other than that she pulls nicely.

Looks good, yea air bags would be good, I am still really tempted to look for a 9 or 10 F450 the 20k I save will go a long way to the feeling secure when we pull out, Since its seems you have made some adjustments to your truck and carry a good load what kind of average MPG do you get pulling?

pmcmath

We owned a Fuzion up until yesterday and purchased a 2018 Cyclone 4005. The Fuzion is not built as solid as some other toy haulers....they used to be but not now. They have the cabinets cut back on solid wood and use panels. I personally wouldnt recommend a Fuzion. Also the stove is nice because the oven can be lit without having to bend down and light the pilot with a striker every time. My wife loves that option.