Looking at purchasing a Mallard M27

hfrye

We've been looking at replacing our 2010 Fourwinds 180 B with a larger camper. We've been looking at a number of brands and models and have settled on the Heartland Mallard M27. Just wondering if there are any M27 owners and how they like theirs.

jimtoo

Hi hfrye,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions and info from our members soon

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Rychehawk

Hello,

I have a 2017 M29 so not same exact model but built the same, so far we love it and after shopping around, it is for sure the best bang for the buck! Love the full laminated walls floor and roof, (although we have it in for warranty service right now for leaky bunk windows. But after researching there is not a manufacture out there without complaints or issues and CW jumped right on the problem) ill let you know how I make out!

Everything else is as expected or better for what we paid for this unit (queen mattress is not the best so we added a mem foam topper). Very well equipped for the price as well, slam baggage doors with led lighting, led lights through out the coach, enclosed underbelly, black tank back wash, quality chassis, wheels and tires, axels, brakes...on and on! I only added a power tongue jack ($136 at harbor freight) to make hooking up the WD hitch less of a chore. It tows, tracks and stops beautiful (2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Equalizer WD hitch). The bumper caps suck...get new ones, almost lost my sewer hose.

Find a Camping World that that has multiple M27 units in stock, look at them all and pick the best or freshest off the line, don't let them choose for you! I think TV mounting options in the M27 are limited to smaller screens in off centered areas for viewing. If weight and a little bit more cost are ok, the M28 is nicest lay out, dual slides, a center island and huge rear bath! and I would have gotten it if we didn't have kids...and probably will when they are done camping with us!

Good Luck!

hfrye

Thanks for the reply Rychehawk. I agree, after much shopping, The Mallards are the best bang for the buck. I think there's definitely one in our immediate future!

n8vtxn

My wife and I bought an M27 in March. We love it. It's the perfect layout for us and our dogs. We use it about every other week/weekend as a home base for some land we're clearing for future use. We love the large slide, the built-in vacuum (for the dogs), and the AC seems to keep up fairly well with the intense Texas heat (apparently our land is like 5 miles from the sun). It also tows really easy behind our Ford 1/2 ton. The only con we have is that the bathroom is a little small compared to an Edge we had earlier. That said, if I had to buy again it would definitely be a repeat for this model.

We've been looking at replacing our 2010 Fourwinds 180 B with a larger camper. We've been looking at a number of brands and models and have settled on the Heartland Mallard M27. Just wondering if there are any M27 owners and how they like theirs.