elkridge problems

sammyjr

I have a 2014 ekridge 32 tsre had to replace front landing gear at 6 months old had have windows re sealed at 1year and new roof at 18 months decking coming loose and sticking through rubber roof and now off door slide is binding. Has any one else had this much problems ?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did you have to pay for the landing gear?? Inspecting and re per HLsealing windows and other things are required every 6 months. The roof...did you call HL service and discuss the issue with them??

sammyjr

I bought this trailer out of state the dealer in Houston refused to do warranty work. the front landing gear blew the fuse the second time I used it . called the factory they said to replace fuse with a 40 amp still blew they offered no other fix so I replace with a duel motor system
at my cost called factory on roof said it was out of warranty would not help with the cost it was only 18 months old and the decking was coming loose I got no help from Hearland

danemayer

I bought this trailer out of state the dealer in Houston refused to do warranty work. the front landing gear blew the fuse the second time I used it . called the factory they said to replace fuse with a 40 amp still blew they offered no other fix so I replace with a duel motor system
at my cost called factory on roof said it was out of warranty would not help with the cost it was only 18 months old and the decking was coming loose I got no help from Hearland

Sammy, sounds like you have electric landing gear. If your fuse was blowing when the jacks reached full retraction, you should mark the jacks with a permanent marker so you know when to release the switch - before the fuse blows.

Warranty covers manufacturing defects only for the specified time - 12 months on most coaches. People who want longer coverage usually buy a 3rd party policy.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Extending or retracting the landing gear too far will blow the fuse every time. Ask me how I know…

I used a sharpie and drew a line on the landing gear when it was almost fully retracted and also when it was almost fully extended. When I saw that line. I knew to stop.

olcoon

Same here, I marked it, then it started fading, so I took some tape & taped off a line & spray painted it. Worked great until I had the 3.0 leveling system installed & don't have to worry about it now.