Fuel Prices Finally Coming Down

osims

bsims
I stopped in Kountze Tx this afternoon and bought diesel for 3.99 per gallon. It has been running about 4.10 here but finally broke 4 dollar mark. Maybe it will keep falling.
Bill

boatdoc

We're still at $4.85 here on the South Coast of Oregon. It takes us a couple of years to catch up to anything out here on the Western Frontier.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Still about $4.50 here in Central Arkansas. Would be nice to get it under $4.00.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Central Wisconsin just hit $4.29 today. Sunday in Dixon, IL we paid $4.39. It would be great to see it at $4 by the time we head to TX.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is $4.13 in Riverside Texas (hwy 19 and Trinity River bridge) but $4.39 in Trinity 5 miles to the north.

jbeletti

Bill,

Under $4 bucks - man - we have a winner - ding-ding-ding!

I thought I was doing well today at $4.349 (credit). I did see $4.099 (cash) on I-80 just into Indiana.

Jim

Attachments

• diesel_434_on_Aug-11-2008.jpg
    diesel_434_on_Aug-11-2008.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 20

scottie43

$4.05 in MN. Amazing how everyone gets excited at under $4 a gallon! Remember how P***ed everyone was at $3 a gallon, now we are happy at 3.99! LOL

Diane

I thought we were doing good @ 4.61 (diesel) here. It had been hanging around 4.81 a couple of weeks ago.

flamingknitter

I left for a camping trip on Thursday and found diesel for $4.39 cash price and cried because I just paid $4.77 at Sam's Club. Coming home today it was $4.29 cash and filled up!!

Marybeth

BJ'sDad

Saw 4.29 here in VA today.. get it while you can.. you know what is coming up in a couple weeks, the holiday that is always used as an excuse to raise prices and keep them higher all winter while they switch to home heating oil:(

snuffy

Saw 4.29 here in VA today.. get it while you can.. you know what is coming up in a couple weeks, the holiday that is always used as an excuse to raise prices and keep them higher all winter while they switch to home heating oil:(

BOHICA (bend over, here it comes again)

Shadowchek

The oil companies jack the prices up rediculously high then drop the prices to make us happy so instead of being mad at 3 dollars a gallon we are happy with 4. It is about 4.50 here in central Ca.

Greg

Tom of Ypsi

Chuck (CdbMidland)

Come on down to Dexter, Mi at I-94 and Baker, TA was $4.23 for diesel. Saw a station on Belleville Rd and I-94 drop their price 20 cents today to $4.49 per gallon. Back in June outside of Springfield, Mo we paid $4.43 per gallon, wonder what it is today.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Chuck (CdbMidland)

Come on down to Dexter, Mi at I-94 and Baker, TA was $4.23 for diesel. Saw a station on Belleville Rd and I-94 drop their price 20 cents today to $4.49 per gallon. Back in June outside of Springfield, Mo we paid $4.43 per gallon, wonder what it is today.

Tom, I filled up tonight in Bay City at $4.279. Thanks for the offer, though - I'll keep that location in mind if I'm down in that part of the state.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Chuck (CdbMidland)

I bought diesel in St.Louis 4 days ago for $4.09 , still about $.20 higher in Illinois. What a deal I thought to myself , guess they have my mind conditioned to high prices already.;)...Kenny

Shadowchek

Conspiracy theory #1356.

Wow. I'm sure economics professors all over the country are rolling their eyes. :eek:

You are probably right. I am sure there is a lot more to it than that but it sure does make you think and make me mad lol. The good part is I just switched from a gasser getting 6.5 mpg pulling the 5ver with my improved gas mileage on the diesel my gas cost is about the same.:D