2017 Big Country 4010RD - Internal Speaker System?

We totally love our new Big Country. Has everything we ever wanted... except kicking internal speaker system.

Is the soundbar the only internal speakers available? We don't have anything else. Never thought to ask or look for them.

danemayer

Hi PearsonUSMC,

Congratulations on the new Big Country and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sound system components change frequently, but another 2017 owner will probably chime in.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not a 2017, but we have a 2016. We replaced our factory soundbar with a Bose Solo 5 soundbar. A world of difference!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Does it not have speakers mounted in the ceiling or any outdoor speakers?

MrTravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders
Our 2016 only has the sound bar (which we replaced) and outside speakers. No inside ceiling speakers.

NYSUPstater

Our 3560 SS's speakers are right behind the tv. They sound good, but would sound better if tv not right in front of them. Only other ones are outside.

Divotf15

We have a 2017 4010 RD. Sound bar is only internal. Outside speakers aren't worth 2 cents. Bought some $35 dollar boat speakers and replaced them. Sounds great. Mostly we use some wireless speakers that look like a lantern for outside and connect them Bluetooth to phone or iPad so we can control the music outside without having to go inside to adjust the control head/stereo. My son is ordering me some wireless speakers and is going to set up surround sound with sound bar as center voice speaker. We plan to hang the rear two on the walls at the separation point of kitchen and den and hang front speakers on tv entertainment system cabinet. They will be stored in the entertainment system cabinets when we are traveling or don't want them visible.

david5311

We have a 2018 BC 3650RL. Have only been on one trip to Lake Texhoma. Our sound on TV sounds like it is not going thru the sound bar. It sounds like TV speakers only. Sound is coming from behind TV and can't see a sound bar at all. We have tried different inputs with no difference in sound. We tried a DVD from the Furrion Radio and it sounded better. I am wondering if they wired the TV up to the sound bar? Have not had a chance to take TV off the wall to see. Also our sound cuts in and out. I emailed Furrion and they said this will happen with a week signal. I was using a direct tv swim dish and all numbers on 102 was in the 80's and 90's. It also cut out when on over the air antenna. Will Investigate further when I have time. Will be retiring soon so will have lots of time.

By the way, We love this RV. Lots of storage, We were concerned that it wouldn't stay cool in the Oklahoma heat but it does a fair job, when we can keep the grand kids from going in and out the door. The ceiling fan does not move very much air but we bought a dyson fan that moves lots of air and it helps. We had a raddle in AC duct in bedroom that was very loud when trying to sleep but I got up on the roof to look at the AC and some how it went away. Didn't do anything, It just quit. This unit has the new duct system instead of the old foam duct that they had for years.

David

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a 2017 4010 RD. Sound bar is only internal. Outside speakers aren't worth 2 cents. Bought some $35 dollar boat speakers and replaced them. Sounds great. Mostly we use some wireless speakers that look like a lantern for outside and connect them Bluetooth to phone or iPad so we can control the music outside without having to go inside to adjust the control head/stereo. My son is ordering me some wireless speakers and is going to set up surround sound with sound bar as center voice speaker. We plan to hang the rear two on the walls at the separation point of kitchen and den and hang front speakers on tv entertainment system cabinet. They will be stored in the entertainment system cabinets when we are traveling or don't want them visible.

Sounds like a good plan! Take lots of pics of the install, and share!

We went with a Bose Solo5 "TV speaker" soundbar, it really helps.

We rarely use our outdoor speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk